Page 21 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    I see, the way you put it, it sounds like Atlus USA purposely brought over Growlanser 5 instead of 4 for PS2 and releasing a watered down localization of Wayfarer of Time PSP with no voice acting as a slap in the face to all the fans of the Growlanser series in NA
    Oh, no. I don't know what happened internally after we failed to get I and IV. I actually think there are a number of people at Atlus now that DO care and ARE fans, but the environment has become too corporate and less fan-friendly for their influence to matter for "small" series like Growlanser (which I believe could be huge if they were jsut cultivated). And I don't think there was much choice for the PSP version other than to remove the voice acting. HOWEVER, if we had done it now, I probably would have put up a survey asking if fans would pay $3 more (what I estimate it would have cost, amortized per initial unit) to have voice acting and then done a presale and not cut it if that's what the fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Oh, no. I don't know what happened internally after we failed to get I and IV. I actually think there are a number of people at Atlus now that DO care and ARE fans, but the environment has become too corporate and less fan-friendly for their influence to matter for "small" series like Growlanser (which I believe could be huge if they were jsut cultivated). And I don't think there was much choice for the PSP version other than to remove the voice acting. HOWEVER, if we had done it now, I probably would have put up a survey asking if fans would pay $3 more (what I estimate it would have cost, amortized per initial unit) to have voice acting and then done a presale and not cut it if that's what the fans wanted.
    And that is why I will always support your company. I mean how much trouble is it to actually ask the fans what they want and what they will pay for, rather than just estimate it based on random other games sales figures.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    And that is why I will always support your company. I mean how much trouble is it to actually ask the fans what they want and what they will pay for, rather than just estimate it based on random other games sales figures.
    Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it's much easier for us because we don't have corporate overlords to answer to. I'm sure it's much harder for them to get more fan-friendly features through - until we prove it's profitable, then everyone copies it.

Atlus and Square-Enix are ruled out, I gather. Are there any other companies that are completely against letting their games get localized by other companies? Have you tried contacting Nippon Ichi about their PSP games, like Blue Roses and Criminal Girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    Atlus and Square-Enix are ruled out, I gather. Are there any other companies that are completely against letting their games get localized by other companies? Have you tried contacting Nippon Ichi about their PSP games, like Blue Roses and Criminal Girls?
    Sega, Capcom and Konami are possible choices for games
    Megaman Legends and Legends 2 PSP
    Suikoden/Suikoden II PSP
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

If Vic wouldn't mind trying to bring over Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos and Record of Agarest War Marriage that would be great

Also there is Level 5
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 05-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Wasn't the Legends series held off from digital release because of licensing hell on Capcom's own side?

Is the current plan to focus on games without a ton of text right now (get a lot out quickly, grow the company), or focus on select quality titles?

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    Wasn't the Legends series held off from digital release because of licensing hell on Capcom's own side?
    The PS1 versions were but the psp versions didn't make it over here due to Sony of America's policy against straight ports to PSP but that was back when the psp was new

Quote Originally Posted by Muyguapogrant View Post
    Is the current plan to focus on games without a ton of text right now (get a lot out quickly, grow the company), or focus on select quality titles?
    Quality titles, regardless of text volume, because I'm a macochist.

How much text did coh2 have vs say lunar or arc 3?