Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Console RPGs are alive and well
    They just aren't on "consoles" anymore.

Seems like RPGs are about the only thing on Vita.

Console RPGs are alive and well
    Not in the same way when you had games like Lunar, Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Arc the Lad, and many other games from either now defunked or uninterested developers. I agree they are alive, but not kicking like they were back then.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    They just aren't on "consoles" anymore.

Seems like RPGs are about the only thing on Vita.
    I own a Vita and 3DS. I can name the RPGs I know are releasing I want on both this year, on one hand. Stella Glow, Lord of Magna, Lost Dimension, and Dungeon Travelers 2.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    Not in the same way when you had games like Lunar, Suikoden, Shadow Hearts, Arc the Lad, and many other games from either now defunked or uninterested developers. I agree they are alive, but not kicking like they were back then.
    3/4 of them are garbage. 3/4 of them are also made by Idea factory.

The good traditional JRPGs seem to be dying at least. Dungeon crawlers on the other hand are alive and well on handhelds at least. Farming sims with waifus seems to be on the rise too. The most promising traditional "J"RPG coming out this year might be Cosmic Star Heroine from a western developer. Oh, and another Tales game, I guess.

Which good and newly developed somewhat traditional JRPGs have been released in America this gen? SMT IV, Omega Quintet (unsure about that one) and Bravely Default? Anything else? Four years of 3DS, three years of Vita, two and a half of Wii U and one and a half of PS4 (and Xbox One) and this is all we've gotten. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    The good traditional JRPGs seem to be dying at least. Dungeon crawlers on the other hand are alive and well on handhelds at least. Farming sims with waifus seems to be on the rise too. The most promising traditional "J"RPG coming out this year might be Cosmic Star Heroine from a western developer. Oh, and another Tales game, I guess.

Which good and newly developed somewhat traditional JRPGs have been released in America this gen? SMT IV, Omega Quintet (unsure about that one) and Bravely Default? Anything else? Four years of 3DS, three years of Vita, two and a half of Wii U and one and a half of PS4 (and Xbox One) and this is all we've gotten. It's pathetic.
    I wasn't very impressed by SMT IV, the lack of first person view dungeons was disappointing

Demon Gaze was great, it was very difficult leveling up characters, having to farm gold with one character to get the second and so on was repetitive

I bought Soul Hackers but got bored of it not even 20 minutes into it
    I beat SMT I on iphone
    Wasn't impressed with what I saw so far of Lord of Magna so cancelled the preorder at gamestop and moved it towards Mario Maker
    I'm so looking forward to making stages with the Super Mario World elements

I wonder when From Software will make a Demon Souls II or a Dark Souls III, remakes of the King's Field and early Tenchu games would be nice from From Software as well

I liked SMT IV. The whole theme of the series doesn't really feel fresh anymore and it's a bit predictable but it was an enjoyable game. I was more hesitant to put Bravely Default in the "good" section tbh.

Not saying there aren't good Japanese RPGs. Stuff like Lunar, Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Dragon Quest etc just isn't made anymore though. It's all dungeon crawlers,action-RPGs. farming sims and an occasional SRPG.

I really dug SMTIV (Still have the LE) But what Killed me is about 10 hours in I got really tired of the frequent random encounters. I liked that there was additional hubs (thinking of that underground one) but so far I haven't found quick travel points to make it more convenient. I still have my pre-order for Lord of Magna and I will probably beat it. It looks just above average enough to enjoy. There are a few decent RPGs coming out. FFXV, KH3, and Star Ocean 5 are all on my radar. But they are all made by the same company. Not gonna waste my money on crap like Omega Quintet. I'm done doing that. That money could go toward a complete SNES game, or PSX game or something worthy.

Demon Gaze was great, it was very difficult leveling up characters, having to farm gold with one character to get the second and so on was repetitive
    It really was great. I didn't have this issue at all though. Being strategic saves a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    3/4 of them are garbage. 3/4 of them are also made by Idea factory.
    Lol no kidding. This guy says he is picky, and has two really bad Vita games pre-ordered. Maybe cause of Atlus' name on the cover? I mean, I will end up buying both at some point, but yeah...

Oh and it was pretty cool looking at all those old ads and reviews and such.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

what are the 2 really bad atlus games being released?