Page 89 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

  1. #881
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,942
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Vic already gave away a Vita...
    And...


    Where's our Tomba's? or other awesome goodies?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  2. #882
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Was there a Gaijinworks tag on them or was it strictly MonkeyPaw branded?
    I'd like to know this too, I'd never heard of it until now
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  3. #883
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Was there a Gaijinworks tag on them or was it strictly MonkeyPaw branded?
    Monkeypaw with a "design by GAIJINWORKS" on the tag.

  4. #884
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Vic already gave away a Vita...
    Four of them.

  5. #885
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    You should do giveaways with goodies like that here.
    giveaways? why limit yourself? I think its odd as hell vic has the capability to organize and contract manufacturers to make off the wall stuff like punching puppets, pinball parts, and dolls but doesn't take it to the point of mass production. The ghaleon punching puppet was the closest, but even that was a preorder freemium.

    but stuff collectors fall over each other to get, like the Nall plush, you'd think they would've tried to make that available through their on line store...

  6. #886
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    So I was wondering Vic, have you gotten a chance to look at the fan translation of Dragon Force II that was done? Any thoughts on it?

    I get the feeling that the people who did the translation were really trying to channel Working Designs when they put it togther.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  7. #887
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    So I was wondering Vic, have you gotten a chance to look at the fan translation of Dragon Force II that was done? Any thoughts on it?
    I get the feeling that the people who did the translation were really trying to channel Working Designs when they put it togther.
    I haven't. I didn't like Dragon Force II. On paper it looks good, but without the same key staff, it had a very different look and feel. The scale was wrong, as was the music.

  8. #888
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,942
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    giveaways? why limit yourself? I think its odd as hell vic has the capability to organize and contract manufacturers to make off the wall stuff like punching puppets, pinball parts, and dolls but doesn't take it to the point of mass production. The ghaleon punching puppet was the closest, but even that was a preorder freemium.

    but stuff collectors fall over each other to get, like the Nall plush, you'd think they would've tried to make that available through their on line store...
    I think you know what I meant.
    I'm sure he could sell small quantites as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Vic already gave away a Vita...
    That was awesome. Too bad nobody posted on the forums about winning one.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 07-22-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  9. #889
    Senior Member ninjamitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Posts
    345
    I'm pretty sure the Nall plush was Gamearts merchandise.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 07-22-2015 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #890
    Senior Member PhantomSentry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjamitsuki View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Nall plush was Gamearts merchandise.
    It's the only Lunar swag I can think of that looks sucky. I was all pumped when I heard about it and then checked out images of them and it looks almost fan-made. It made me think of the Ninja Turtles blanket my grandma made for me. Except that blanket rocked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •