Page 105 of 193 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    This is priceless. You gotta respect those shmup devs, though. That's devotion.

What about the earlier Langrisser games? Some of those are stellar, maybe they could be put on the PSN.
    Sony policy is you cannot modify the ISO that was originally released when you make a PSN release, and since those games weren't released in English, we couldn't hack English in (though we're able) and have Sony approve it, so it would have to be released in Japanese, and, well, that would not go over well.

Do you know what the reasoning behind that policy is? Every digital release, even those emulated ROMs, need to be approved by rating boards, do they not? Could they run into legal issues if they would allow language patches?
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Do you know what the reasoning behind that policy is? Every digital release, even those emulated ROMs, need to be approved by rating boards, do they not? Could they run into legal issues if they would allow language patches?
    No, I doubt that. I don't know for sure, but my *guess* is it has more to do with not having to re-QA all those titles. If they're identical to what was released before, they know that passed QA originally. Rating or re-rating would be trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    No, I doubt that. I don't know for sure, but my *guess* is it has more to do with not having to re-QA all those titles. If they're identical to what was released before, they know that passed QA originally. Rating or re-rating would be trivial.
    I was thinking (after my previous post) that simply adding language patches might also depreciate the perceived overall value of games in the PlayStation Store. Gamers might not be willing to pay $10-$15 for "just a language patch" (again, I'm mainly talking about perception here), whereas Sony would like to keep the average games price in the Store as high as possible.

Is Sony paying for QA themselves? Because if publishers are paying for it, how is that a problem for that? Unless it wouldn't go down well with publishers that they have to pay extra for QA on games that have already passed QA.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Is Sony paying for QA themselves? Because if publishers are paying for it, how is that a problem for that? Unless it wouldn't go down well with publishers that they have to pay extra for QA on games that have already passed QA.
    I'm actually not sure how much I can say (what's public knowledge vs stuff that's not). We're pretty deep in the forest with these questions now.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I'm actually not sure how much I can say (what's public knowledge vs stuff that's not). We're pretty deep in the forest with these questions now.
    Ok, no problem, we'll leave it at that. I just find that stuff really interesting. :-)

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Just going to go out and say that it's been my observation that "it depends". It depends upon who you are, and it depends upon the game. If anything seems to be true, Sony doesn't have concrete rules for anything. Case in point, their involvement in Shenmue III to obtain console exclusivity. Even if it's limited to marketing, there seems to have been a business decision and some sort of transaction that cannot be disclosed. That appears to be how it all works.

Just saw this on Facebook and had to copy/upload here.

A neat little letter WD sent to someone back in the day, I wish you guys had done Cosmic Fantasy 3!

WD-Letter.jpg

I'm guessing Cindy Ireland is related to Vic somehow. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook and had to copy/upload here.

A neat little letter WD sent to someone back in the day, I wish you guys had done Cosmic Fantasy 3!

WD-Letter.jpg

I'm guessing Cindy Ireland is related to Vic somehow. :P
    I wasn't even alive when that was written :O
    I like bacon.

Seen that posted here before.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."