Page 114 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Ok I have a question for anyone to help explain this. I know this isn't a WD game, but before I had to study for a very important test that takes probably 1 year to 2 years to fully complete, I was playing Tales of Destiny for PS1. I decided to play it in my PS3. Everything was going great, but something weird happened. One day while I turned on my PS3 and went to go stream Netflix it auto went to my music section on my PS3 that should be empty. There was a 4 minute file on there from Tales of Destiny. I played it and nothing happened. it was just a 4:00 track of nothingness, not even static. I was wondering if someone knows about this since my Google searching turned up nothing at the moment? I even put the disc into my computer and again I get My Music to pop up and has the description of unknown album. Can someone please help me with this. I'm almost computer illiterate since I spent my childhood and teenage years playing games and had no interest in learning about computers other than the very very basics. Thank you to whomever can please assist me with this mystery.
    I am guessing your audio player was just viewing the first track of the game as a CD track instead of just data like it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I am guessing your audio player was just viewing the first track of the game as a CD track instead of just data like it should be.
    Ok, that makes sense. Didn't know if there was some weird trick like put in Tekken 3 disc while it is running, etc. I still need to wrap up that game I'm at the halfway point, but these tests I have to take are impossible. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Sony policy is you cannot modify the ISO that was originally released when you make a PSN release, and since those games weren't released in English, we couldn't hack English in (though we're able) and have Sony approve it, so it would have to be released in Japanese, and, well, that would not go over well.
    I've been meaning to ask something about this.
    For a company that owns a videogame which can't re-release as a PS1/PS2 classic because it's probably tied to a copyrighted image somewhere in the game or a language barrier, how much work would it be to build something of an emulator for such game, so it can be modified, rebranded/disguised as a PS4 digital release?
    So that then a translation could be made without problems.
    And is that as expensive as just porting the game from 0%?

And lastly, what game is an example of mostly worth that trouble?
    Last edited by kleev_55; 09-19-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post
    I've been meaning to ask something about this.
    For a company that owns a videogame which can't re-release as a PS1/PS2 classic because it's probably tied to a copyrighted image somewhere in the game or a language barrier, how much work would it be to build something of an emulator for such game, so it can be modified, rebranded/disguised as a PS4 digital release?
    So that then a translation could be made without problems.
    And is that as expensive as just porting the game from 0%?

And lastly, what game is an example of mostly worth that trouble?
    To completely disguise it so it's clearly not a hacked iso with English or other changes made would be a lot of work. It'd be easier to just get the policy changed at Sony.

They could add a single line. "With the exception of translating from one language to another."

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    They could add a single line. "With the exception of translating from one language to another."
    I dunno. I fight battles all the time to do things differently (and often prevail, for others to copy), but I'm not sure that battle is worth fighting.

They should revive Goemon and bringing all of those Japanese PS1 Goemon games to an English speaking audience via PSN would be a good way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    They should revive Goemon and bringing all of those Japanese PS1 Goemon games to an English speaking audience via PSN would be a good way to do that.
    They're going to have to revive the old Konami for that first most likely.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Oh yeah, that's Konami...

I hope smartphones start leaking battery acid and their Pachinko machines start catching on fire due to electrical problems.

I recently bought a guy's large (but incomplete) collection of Arc the Lad watches to greatly expand my own. Here's a picture of my current collection:

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...930843CC7DF67/

62 watches total. I'm proud of my watches but also of that setup I did. Took a lot of work stacking the tin lids and foam inserts so I could have the watches in that step fashion. And before anyone asks they aren't for sale, although I would consider a swap of one of my common variants for a rarer variant.