Page 132 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

  1. #1311
    Senior Member DinoDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    903
    After getting a good deal on Iron Storm last week I walked into another local shop and got Sega Ages for Saturn today. Was shocked to see someone actually traded that game into a shop. Great price too, about half what it goes for on Ebay these days. Wasn't sure Id see Saturn games like this in the wild anymore. Another interesting WD release but nice of them to bring it over. I also didn't realize they had a Saturn release under their SPAZ label. Thought it was just the 4 PS1 games. Kind of a neat discovery of sorts.
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 01-30-2016 at 05:40 AM.

  2. #1312
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    I'm so jelly. I've been looking to Sega Ages CIB for a decent price for awhile now.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #1313
    Senior Member DinoDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I'm so jelly. I've been looking to Sega Ages CIB for a decent price for awhile now.
    Id almost given up looking for it in the wild. Ive held off for about 5-6 years only to see the prices get out of hand. Almost just decided to bite the bullet on Ebay last year but glad I waited. Finding any decent Saturn game in the wild anymore is tough but especially one that is hard to find. I should mention I paid $99.99. Not a steal but certainly off what its been going for. On a smaller find I also picked up Last Bronx Saturn for $10 in the same trip. That got overlooked but its a cool late 3D sega fighter for reason I never bought earlier on in my collecting.

  4. #1314
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Yeah I always thought $100 was a bit much but it's a price I'd pay for it now.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  5. #1315
    Senior Member DinoDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah I always thought $100 was a bit much but it's a price I'd pay for it now.
    Right. I used to think it was the one WD title I wouldn't get. For the price it isnt an original game like a Lunar, Magic Knight, Dragon Force... just a Sega compilation. But now I realize what a damn nice package it is (from WD I shouldnt have expected any less) and they seem to be the best versions of 3 great Sega arcade games. Ill have to compare them to the versions on Shenmue next time I play it

  6. #1316
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah I always thought $100 was a bit much but it's a price I'd pay for it now.
    Wow, that's crazy. I traded away a dupe of this game, a Saturn and a handful of other games for Dungeon Explorer II a couple years ago and I thought was doing well on the trade at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  7. #1317
    Senior Member DinoDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. I traded away a dupe of this game, a Saturn and a handful of other games for Dungeon Explorer II a couple years ago and I thought was doing well on the trade at the time.
    US Saturn games just about more than any other system have seen crazy price spikes in just a year or so. I think the one that Ive seen jump the most is Saturn Bomberman. Complete copies have seen the $250-300 range when it was really a $50 title not too long ago. But I suppose its just about everything. Even the usual common $10-20 games are now $40-50 on the Saturn.

  8. #1318
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    US Saturn games just about more than any other system have seen crazy price spikes in just a year or so. I think the one that Ive seen jump the most is Saturn Bomberman. Complete copies have seen the $250-300 range when it was really a $50 title not too long ago. But I suppose its just about everything. Even the usual common $10-20 games are now $40-50 on the Saturn.
    Barf. I can see why that one guy with the fullset cashed out then.

    I think I paid $75 for my copy of Saturn Bomberman back in like 2010 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  9. #1319
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek
    US Saturn games just about more than any other system have seen crazy price spikes in just a year or so. I think the one that Ive seen jump the most is Saturn Bomberman. Complete copies have seen the $250-300 range when it was really a $50 title not too long ago. But I suppose its just about everything. Even the usual common $10-20 games are now $40-50 on the Saturn.
    The good games are pretty easy to get top dollar for but I speak from experience when I say the middling titles that are not great games tend to be much more trouble than they are worth to actually sell (I think there is some shilling going on with Ebay).

    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Barf. I can see why that one guy with the fullset cashed out then.

    I think I paid $75 for my copy of Saturn Bomberman back in like 2010 or so.
    Yeah he got a crap ton of money for it pretty much all at once after selling Daytona Netlink separate. We met up awhile back and talked Saturn and such.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  10. #1320
    Senior Member PhantomSentry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    I don't see how anyone would be up for spending more than $15 for a Bomberman game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •