Page 135 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

The way the story goes down in TSS is definitely better than SSSC.

Lol I remember back in 2005, I kept going on ebay, fantasizing that I would someday buy the Sega CD Lunars before they became "extinct" as I used to think.
    I got Lunar TSS for about $40, CIB, and Lunar 2 for $25, CIB.

*sigh* makes me sad to see them skyrocket like that, but a lot of time has flown I guess.

TSS has a lot of unique qualities to it that were never seen again in Lunar, and sometimes makes the remake feel like a totally different game, like a Lunar 3 or something, starting with the OST. I wish that if they were still making Lunar games, that they'd do one completely with this style, but a new story. (Kinda like how MegaMan 9 and 10 went back to the roots)
    So, TSS is 100% worth looking into even if you played the remakes.

As for how the story goes in TSS vs SSSC, I would never recommend TSS over SSSC just for the story, because even if the story went better in TSS, those sound effects in battle will drive anyone insane. I don't understand how no one ever mentions this. SSS had a similar problem in Saturn too, but thats besides the point. What I'm trying to say is that it's not just a simple matter of where the story goes better. Even if SSSC had any plot holes that weren't present in TSS, one can easily overlook it in favor of a nicely presented and balanced game overall. Like I said, it could be a Lunar 3.
    I mean what about the boat song and added quality scenes up to the end?

Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post
    Lol I remember back in 2005, I kept going on ebay, fantasizing that I would someday buy the Sega CD Lunars before they became "extinct" as I used to think.
    I got Lunar TSS for about $40, CIB, and Lunar 2 for $25, CIB.

*sigh* makes me sad to see them skyrocket like that, but a lot of time has flown I guess.

TSS has a lot of unique qualities to it that were never seen again in Lunar, and sometimes makes the remake feel like a totally different game, like a Lunar 3 or something, starting with the OST. I wish that if they were still making Lunar games, that they'd do one completely with this style, but a new story. (Kinda like how MegaMan 9 and 10 went back to the roots)
    So, TSS is 100% worth looking into even if you played the remakes.

As for how the story goes in TSS vs SSSC, I would never recommend TSS over SSSC just for the story, because even if the story went better in TSS, those sound effects in battle will drive anyone insane. I don't understand how no one ever mentions this. SSS had a similar problem in Saturn too, but thats besides the point. What I'm trying to say is that it's not just a simple matter of where the story goes better. Even if SSSC had any plot holes that weren't present in TSS, one can easily overlook it in favor of a nicely presented and balanced game overall. Like I said, it could be a Lunar 3.
    I mean what about the boat song and added quality scenes up to the end?
    I used to feel this way and then I went back to Lunarthreads and saw a couple of threads by a Greco12. Not even Lunar would be safe from the "OMG THAT'S OFFENSIVE!" crowd. I've never been happier that Lunar is dead and wrapped up in all sorts of red tape. I don't want a new Lunar that f*cks the original work and makes it appeal to every crybaby group that finds a problem in every situation they can. This applies to that person and Alunissage's c*nt ass.

When I bought my copies, years ago, I got Vay, Popful Mail and Lunar 2 for $100 total. Picked up Lunar 1 separately and eventually started on the variants for that before going for the overall WD set. Actually it was the WD stuff for Sega CD that really motivated me to try and go for a full set there once I had all the Lunar variants.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    When I bought my copies, years ago, I got Vay, Popful Mail and Lunar 2 for $100 total. Picked up Lunar 1 separately and eventually started on the variants for that before going for the overall WD set. Actually it was the WD stuff for Sega CD that really motivated me to try and go for a full set there once I had all the Lunar variants.
    Those were the days. Even during my first go round with SCD Popful Mail was already a $60-70 game by itself.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Those were the days.
    Boy, the way Glenn Miller played....

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I'm only aware of a page that covers the PS1 varients. The rest I think are very random. Perhaps one of us could gather it up if no good site exists. (I could if no one else wanted to)

PS1
    http://www.game-rave.com/psx_galleri...igns/index.htm
    Link is currently dead.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Link is currently dead.
    Hey everybody, Wii U Zelda is canceled! Stay on the lookout for The Legend of Gannon on the NXpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    I used to feel this way and then I went back to Lunarthreads and saw a couple of threads by a Greco12. Not even Lunar would be safe from the "OMG THAT'S OFFENSIVE!" crowd. I've never been happier that Lunar is dead and wrapped up in all sorts of red tape. I don't want a new Lunar that f*cks the original work and makes it appeal to every crybaby group that finds a problem in every situation they can. This applies to that person and Alunissage
    this is the second time you've typed the name of someone I dare not mention.

but you are absolutely right in your thinking. I could swear the fandom over there is so compulsively obsessive in their devotion, they will infiltrate a business to collect details on the development process and passively attempt to influence it.

this includes Ms. droit de cuissage herself. Wonder how many photon torpedoes have been dropped down that thermal exhaust port :groucho:

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Despite my love of Lunar I was never active on Lunar-Net, but I think I know exactly who you're talking about... He uses a different name but keeps messaging me on Tumblr asking me about whether or not I think Jessica is a strong female character and whether I think the Pao portion is sexist. And yes, I'm pretty sure they're a guy.

I mean, yeah back then I was disappointed Fresca got sick and did jack diddly squat after being made out to be such a cool character, and I still think Fresca could have done more, but the game is so damn OLD now that I think it's a non-issue in the year 2016.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 02-12-2016 at 10:54 PM.