Page 142 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Gotta go track it down for the good of humanity.

I believe ele just felt a disturbance in the force if this does exist.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

>.<

Well I'm curious also.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Seven years are a lot of years, though. Wonder if he still has the chance of tracking down that misterious copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Gotta go track it down for the good of humanity.

I believe ele just felt a disturbance in the force if this does exist.
    LOL

Between Dangerboy and myself having never seen a copy I'm pretty sure it is just a proto/test version for marketing purposes. I'm sure it exists in some way (and I bet Vic has it) but I've never seen those disc variants before in the wild. Stylistically though a lot of the images and their compositions show up in other stuff in the bundle and the hint guide. The soundtrack is almost identical to retail, and the making of disc has the same "ruins" type image as the prerelease, but a different tint.

Also, this proto set doesn't really follow the theme of the known releases. With the two different L2:EB variants I call them the main cast and support cast variants because that is what is prominently featured on them. If there were another release I'd expect it to have Jean, Nall, and someone else, maybe Ghaleon or a Lucia/Hero combination. Obviously only Vic could answer for sure 100%, but I doubt he'd let something that big lay this low for so long.

Oh, and for whoever cares the support cast variant was much more uncommon for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I think the Ronfar and Lemina discs are cooler than the one you guys are all excited about. I only bought the game the once and I wouldn't have if my then-girlfriend hadn't pointed it out to me in the GameStop. The goodies were gone but I'm guessing none of the workers there were aware of how apparently rare this is since it was available. Maaaaaaan, I wish I wouldn't have made the depressed decision to leave so much of my sh*t..

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    I've never seen an issue of Game Players. It was possibly too obscure/didn't have wide enough dustribution to get to a somewhat small Midwest city (I only saw GameFan at places an hour drive or more from where I grew up). I only had a few issues of Next Generation and don't quite remember it too well because of that.
    ah, that'd explain why i don't hear people talk about them as much! maybe an east coast distribution thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    I subscribed to EGM and GI. Tips & Tricks was sh*tty and so was Nintendo Power. Next Generation was decent at best but these days I'm glad to look through any old gaming magazine and remember repeatedly looking at screenshots in anticipation.
    ehh disagree; Nintendo Power was great in certain eras, really solid mag its last few years before closing up shop too...and that's coming from a diehard sega fan. Next Gen spent a bit too much time Trip Hawkins here & there but you got some really interesting/in depth articles from them that the other mags couldn't touch.

The obvious and expectable bias from Nintendo Power was 15 kinds of obvious.

Dragon Magazine was pretty damn good. Sometimes they did cover video games too, but only really rpgs, as one would expect.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I loved early Nintendo Power. I still have a stack of many.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    The obvious and expectable bias from Nintendo Power was 15 kinds of obvious.
    I never owned a Genesis, so I never cared (though it was the first console I asked my parents to get me for Christmas). Having a Nintendo biased magazine was a good thing in my opinion. I was more drawn to magazines that had more of a specific focus or personality, which I didn't get from GamePro/EGM/etc. GameFan is the only gaming magazine I enjoyed that wasn't focused on a single console, company, or theme (mostly because they gave the Saturn, imports, and anime plenty of coverage . . . I loved their Resident Evil strategy guides as well). I'm not one for console/brand exclusivity, so I prefered reading multiple differently biased magazines over something more well-rounded with little identity (such magazines were often around 50% ads and the rest consisting of content covered in every other gaming magazine . . . along with boring/bad layouts and overall bland design).
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 08-27-2016 at 04:52 PM.