Page 144 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

i adored/still adore classic gaming mags, read a ton in the day and still enjoy checking them out

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    The obvious and expectable bias from Nintendo Power was 15 kinds of obvious.
    sure sure, i knew what i was getting with Team SEGA newsletter/Sega Visions, too. still great reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    That's the salesman's mentality that I would have love to had back in the day haha
    yeahhhh this never worked for me either, haha

Can anyone answer, what (if any) Working Designs games are NOT worth going back and playing?

Vay, Albert Odyssey, Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Vasteel.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Vay, Albert Odyssey, Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Vasteel.
    i enjoyed albert odyssey. taking pretty heroic doses of percocet when i played through it, so that may have contributed, but still.
    Last edited by buckethead; 09-03-2016 at 03:11 PM.

I finished all of those but Vasteel fwiw, which was just too much of a chore. Did exp modifier cheat in AO though, played the other two straight up, since I'm not sure cheat devices exist for them (does game genie allow SCD cheats? no idea).

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    i adored/still adore classic gaming mags, read a ton in the day and still enjoy checking them out

sure sure, i knew what i was getting with Team SEGA newsletter/Sega Visions, too. still great reads.

yeahhhh this never worked for me either, haha
    i'm the proud owner of every issue of expert gamer. was always my favorite, they have a lot of full game strategies, come in handy even today.

Vay sure as hell isn't Lunar but that doesn't mean it isn't worth playing once.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    Vay sure as hell isn't Lunar but that doesn't mean it isn't worth playing once.
    Eh... It's a tough one. Games like Vay and Albert Odyssey really only rises to the level of "tolerable" when the localization is taken into account, but at least Albert Odyssey looks nice. For someone who actually likes old RPGs or has the itch to play the entire WD library it might be worth a look but I hesitate to recommend a game like Vay to just anybody absent those qualifiers. It's hard enough to go back to the era of random battles even for great games. I'd feel like I would be trolling a person if I sent them to Vay unless they knew the slog they were getting themselves into.

Fair enough. I fall into the former moreso than the latter. I'll look into the whole WD library but won't play a game that doesn't interest me just to check it off the list. Old school RPGs are great and random battles are plenty acceptable.

Yeah I didn't know his preferences but in general those games are extremely grindy or are Vasteel and well...I love Vic but...