Page 158 of 193 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Sounds like a person or people on the outside that think they know what they're talking about when they have no idea. Meh. I was there. Stolar hated RPGs - he's the ONLY reason they were delayed on Sony before he was shown the door. I know this because I literally flew to Japan to try to get around his no-RPG edict for Sony and I was told that they couldn't help me, I had to go through SCEA. Fortunately, Bernie was shown the door and the rest is history for the golden era of RPGs on PS1.

From what I experienced, Bernie took his wrong-headed ideas to SEGA where he helped kill the company - at least for all practical purposes. SEGA we have now is a shadow of what it was, and lots of that is on him and his little toadie Gretchen.
    no kidding sega of america these days doesnt even have their own building part of the company ad to move in with atlus and they work 1 floor beneath some hospice company

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    NeoGAF doesn't like me. I registered there for a few years ago but they won't let me in.

NOES!
    I tried to register there too in order to post the updated CoH2G variant photo for them but like they wouldn't take a "free" email address like yahoo or aol (or even gmail) so I was like, okay I guess I won't be able to join then. I've heard that place is very strict about letting people in.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    Vic almost did Shadowrun(Sega CD), apparently:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1390
    That's a kind of neat thread, I've been a big Sega/MegaCD fan and for years it feels like no one else cared about the system until recently. Thankfully I've got all I want for it on the US end, since interest (and prices) have been gaining a lot of steam in recent years. I'm still grabbing some JP titles I don't have though, but 99% of them are still super cheap at least, just need to be patient and keep an eye out for complete copies with obis
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Even when you do use an email that qualifies, you might just never have the account approved anyway. I speak from experience.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Even when you do use an email that qualifies, you might just never have the account approved anyway. I speak from experience.
    I bet I would post there occasionally (I am already on way to many forums) but this the barrier for entry is so high it's hard for me to want to work so hard just for access (maybe?) to yet another forum.
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Basically you need a college or isp provided email for anyone wondering.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

TempestOne
    Your IP can get locked out if you make up new e-mail addresses eventually, so I suggest sticking to one name for the rest of your lifes. I have a college / "college" /university e-mail, but it took them forever to give it to me. I recently just got it / received it from them, like, last year. LOL.

If you absolutely need a new "free" e-mail, you can pay America Online for one, or for your "old" one.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Basically you need a college or isp provided email for anyone wondering.
    I used my own domain, so apparently even that's not good enough. Guess they don't let people at a business register.

I've always loved the Sega CD.

And tangentially, despised Bernie Stolar. How many RPGs did that prick cost us in the US? Sakura Wars is probably top of the list.

There is no slum poor enough for that hack.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I used my own domain, so apparently even that's not good enough. Guess they don't let people at a business register.
    Crazy, I was tempted to try and use my personal domain as well but I normally try and keep things like that separate. They might as well just close registrations then.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    I've always loved the Sega CD.

And tangentially, despised Bernie Stolar. How many RPGs did that prick cost us in the US? Sakura Wars is probably top of the list.

There is no slum poor enough for that hack.
    Sakura Wars was ported to PSP years after Stolar was thrown out of Sega and it still didn't make it to NA

The first four games are on PC as well