Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I enjoyed So Long my Love.
    I never played any of the Sakura Wars games

I watched the anime though, given that when I saw it in bestbuy, I didn't know anything about the series, I grabbed it because it looked interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I don't think anything ban worthy has happened on GW yet.
    Not that I'm aware of.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Sounds like an over-moderated cesspool similar to nintendo age because everyone is overly sensitive or socially maladjusted as you put it.
    yeah. its outrage culture. Get offended, feel obliged to punish who offended you.

Likely due to playing in sports leagues where they don't keep score and everyone gets the same trophy at the end as a child.
    this is more spoiled snowflake culture.

I can really appreciate boards like here, pcefx and many others where it's very difficult to get banned so people can actually continue to interact and convey thoughts even if the other side gets upset.
    of course. its fun to talk about things usually. If I were to make an analogy out of it I'd say the way it supposed to be is like Christopher Robin giving Pooh Bear a jar of honey. Pooh eats it and its enjoyable. everything is good.

then you have the mal-adjusted version where the honey has live bees with it and they're stinging the bejeezus out of Pooh Bear. Honey is still tasty, but the bees and stinging make things difficult and not as fun. the bees really should not be there. Its a bit of a turnoff.

then there appears to be the new standard version where Christopher Robin gives Pooh honey with highly aggressive killer bees crawling all over it. Christopher also thinks beeless honey is stupid and believes it is racist and oppressive towards bees. He desperately wants Pooh Bear to feel guilty and bad for enjoying honey because he is stealing from the working proletariat bee class and not sharing it with them. If Pooh Bear doesn't feel miserable and hate eating honey, pondering his own honey eating privilege, then Christopher Robin wants to write a law banishing Pooh from the 100 acre wood forever. Then Christopher Robin mocks and impugns Pooh for not being the right color or gender.

I feel they go hand and hand somewhat. Either way, lots of people that aren't used to dealing with any conflict properly.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

The one that did get localized isn't great.
    Quite possibly the most underrated RPG ever made. Even the Sakura Wars community laughed at it, and that pretty much doomed it to failure.

"It's the worst in the series waaaaaaaaaaaaah"

And get bent, it's still a fantastic game.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    First and only Sakura Wars game I've played and I was far from impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Sakura Wars was ported to PSP years after Stolar was thrown out of Sega and it still didn't make it to NA

The first four games are on PC as well
    Because of how badly Sakura Wars: SLML did. Thanks, Sakura Wars fans! Hope you're happy. NIS flat out said its failure doomed the series in the US.

And I'm aware of the PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    And get bent, it's still a fantastic game.
    I bought it at retail. Played it a bit. Didn't finish it because I didn't care for it. Don't need you telling me to get bent for an opinion nor am I seeking your validation.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 12-10-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    First and only Sakura Wars game I've played and I was far from impressed.
    I loved it, personally. It had the LIPS system, the fun combat, and likable cast.

I bought it at retail. Played it a bit. Didn't finish it because I didn't care for it. Don't need you telling me to get bent for an opinion nor am I seeking your validation.
    Didn't mean you specifically(or at all even), was talking about all the SW fans who told people not to buy it.

Depends what you are looking for in a game. LoP doesn't typically like the gameplay trappings/conventions of Japanese rpgs.