Page 162 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Yeah, SW is JRPG as hell, but even those who love those types of games were hating on it. Edited above by the way, that was never directed at you.

Okay I misunderstood since you quoted me.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    Yeah, SW is JRPG as hell, but even those who love those types of games were hating on it.
    Yeah it's not really extremely bad by any means compared to anything else NISA (or any other JRPG pub) was releasing at the time. My thought is that people who really like JRPGS would like it. People telling other people not to buy it is a bit silly. Of course then some people will just not buy it because they will just take someone elses word for it. Makes sense why I saw so many copies lurking around Gamestop well after release.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 12-10-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I doubt they were as bad as Sonic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Okay I misunderstood since you quoted me.

Yeah it's not really extremely bad by any means compared to anything else NISA (or any other JRPG pub) was releasing at the time. My thought is that people who really like JRPGS would like it. People telling other people not to buy it is a bit silly. Of course then some people will just not buy it because they will just take someone elses word for it. Makes sense why I saw so many copies lurking around Gamestop well after release.
    Sakura Wars fans were being very vocally upset about us getting 'the worst game in the series', so they didn't buy it, and casuals were scared off as well. The game was a complete disaster for NIS, especially since they did the biggest dub in their history at the time for it.

@LoP: That's like comparing types of feces.

Sakura Wars fans were being very vocally upset about us getting 'the worst game in the series', so they didn't buy it, and casuals were scared off as well. The game was a complete disaster for NIS, especially since they did the biggest dub in their history at the time for it.
    Sounds like a few angry people tricked the jrpg masses. The funny thing is it reviewed well for a JRPG too.

I wonder if Vic played 5 and what he thought of it. Would he have localized it?

Dunno why they'd bring over the last game in the series when none of the previous ones made it over
    Maybe Vic could try to bring over the first one for PC, only thing I'd be afraid of is that it would turn out like Shining Wisdom where Working Designs had to change character names etc because of SegaJapan

Sometimes it's all that can be done. By the point it released the ship had sailed on the Saturn and DC releases. Vic had to do it with Summon Night and Growlanser. Better to get some games than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Sometimes it's all that can be done. By the point it released the ship had sailed on the Saturn and DC releases. Vic had to do it with Summon Night and Growlanser. Better to get some games than none.
    Pretty much. I'm against fan opinion on Growlanser, though. I think the second is the best. Wein has a personality, unlike every other protagonist in the series.

I really enjoyed Growlanser 2 and 3 tbh. Couldn't get into Heritage of War as much.