Page 168 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Why didn't he bring over the Dreamcast versions of Sakura Wars since Sega Japan fired Stolar shortly after the Dreamcast was released in NA
    I'd say b/c he likely didn't have the dev stuff for DC and switched over to PS1 instead.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I'd say b/c he likely didn't have the dev stuff for DC and switched over to PS1 instead.
    Not much can be done now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    how much did phantasy star 4 sell? I didnt know soa was against jrps when tom was in charge
    It sold at least 100k units. I lost track after launch.

SEGA wasn't against RPGs at that time, they just made a bad call passing on PSIV, and I intended to fix it by releasing it anyway. The part that irritated me was that they got back involved in my licensing deal with SoJ because they didn't want to look bad, and they punished the fans with an obscene price just to try to make it not sell - but it did anyway. If we had done it, the title would have been at least $30 cheaper.

Why didn't he bring over the Dreamcast versions of Sakura Wars since Sega Japan fired Stolar shortly after the Dreamcast was released in NA
    he already talked about this

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Unlikely. So many bridges had been burned by that point, it was pretty unlikely. I know I was considering the Langrisser that played kind of like Dragon Force, but it was pretty weak and buggy, so it wasn't enough to pull me back to SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    It sold at least 100k units. I lost track after launch.

SEGA wasn't against RPGs at that time, they just made a bad call passing on PSIV, and I intended to fix it by releasing it anyway. The part that irritated me was that they got back involved in my licensing deal with SoJ because they didn't want to look bad, and they punished the fans with an obscene price just to try to make it not sell - but it did anyway. If we had done it, the title would have been at least $30 cheaper.
    At one time I recall reading that Phantasy Star IV was going to be on Sega CD which was going to be a completely different game then what came out for the Genesis

Don't remember where I read that at, it was probaly an issue of Gamepro

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Not sure how to compare it but the games were designed to be played separate (even though they lead to one big ending).

Its not like they only sent you Disc 1 of a 3 disc game. Part 1 is a full 40 hour great game but with, like other multi part games, a cliffhanger. Best comparison may be Golden Sun for GBA (which was made by Camelot too, they had a thing for doing that I guess lol)

I know a couple other people Ive run across that have a similar opinion, why should I play P1 if they aren't bringing over P2 and P3? Id say again by itself a great game. And in 2016 we have P2 and P3 translated by a talented team so now there is no excuse . Shining the Holy Ark is also fantastic. Both hold up very well.
    I started it before, got a bit into the game. Never really got into it though. This many years later, it's hard to remember why.

I totally get what you are saying about the games and how they relate. Each part is it's own entity. I will give it a spin again, but no idea when, I wouldn't say it's a top priority.

I never had a Sega Saturn, If I could find one for a good price I'd get it, the games are the main problem there
    There are lots of cheap Saturn games out there tbh. Just not most shooters or any localized JRPGs.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 12-24-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Deep Fear would have been released before MKR likely. I actually own an official 100% complete US version of Deep Fear on official Sega discs given to me by a Sega employee. Basically we did get a US version just not official for sale with box etc. I don't think we would have gotten much more length out of the Saturn with someone else but perhaps more releases in between (Grandia perhaps)
    could you take a picture of your US copy of deep fear? I want to see it that would be kewl

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    Of course not. It's $35 and it clearly says "CDR" in the ring of the disc.

Nah it's real. People sell legit PDS for $35 all day out of the kindness of their heart. Also please kindly ignore the CDR aspect.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.