Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Lol, I'm not sure what the other variant could be. There are plenty of options I guess, but they all use either Orange, Red, Green, or Blue Jewels. If I get time this weekend I'll try and get them all out to snap a picture.
    That would be helpful, because I think I have a case or two of these left and I could do a quick check to see if I have something you don't.

So mystery bonus items for forum members who ordered a WE?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We tried to get PSNova, and it was indeed "no va." Shame, too.
    Any idea why they hate PS so much? You'd think they'd at least let someone else do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    Any idea why they hate PS so much? You'd think they'd at least let someone else do it.
    None, really. Phantasy Star was always a SEGA Japan title made for the western market since it wasn't popular in Japan (relatively speaking). I think that the people that supported it at SEGA of America are just gone now, so no one really cares.

They're definitely not keen to license it out though. Tried a couple ways and were shut down.

None, really. Phantasy Star was always a SEGA Japan title made for the western market since it wasn't popular in Japan (relatively speaking). I think that the people that supported it at SEGA of America are just gone now, so no one really cares.

They're definitely not keen to license it out though. Tried a couple ways and were shut down.
    Or Bernie Stolar still has people there loyal to him that share the same anti rpg outlook

Maybe a petition? It worked for Digimon: Cyber Sleuth. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Or Bernie Stolar still has people there loyal to him that share the same anti rpg outlook
    Hahaha! I seriously doubt that. From what I saw, he and his leech were not well-liked, even within SEGA.

I suspect the SoJ position is the usual for Japan - the licensing deal is no-win. If they do it and we fail with it, they're on the hook with their bosses for a failure. If they do it and we succeed with it, they're on the hook with their bosses for letting a success out that they don't completely own. The only way to do these is build personal relationships. Then there's a chance.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I don't understand what the problem is if they make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I don't understand what the problem is if they make money.
    Japanese thing. There's NOT a problem, since it's money they wouldn't have earned by not releasing it. BUT HOW that money is earned and WHO made the deal (their position in the organization) is very important. You have to have a personal relationship with someone at the mid-high level to get these kinds of deals done. All the powerful ones I had a relationship with have moved on or died, since we haven't done anything with SEGA in a long time. The TWO I still know have become mid-level and are too concerned with the political ramifications of a license deal that might succeed too well.

To the Western mind, weird, I know, but well...Zipang.

Japanese thing. There's NOT a problem, since it's money they wouldn't have earned by not releasing it. BUT HOW that money is earned and WHO made the deal (their position in the organization) is very important. You have to have a personal relationship with someone at the mid-high level to get these kinds of deals done. All the powerful ones I had a relationship with have moved on or died, since we haven't done anything with SEGA in a long time. The TWO I still know have become mid-level and are too concerned with the political ramifications of a license deal that might succeed too well.

To the Western mind, weird, I know, but well...Zipang.
    I can understand them skipping Phantasy Star Online 2 but it's disappointing that PS Nova was skipped as well

Did you try to bring over Shining Resonance for PS3?