Page 174 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    I can understand them skipping Phantasy Star Online 2 but it's disappointing that PS Nova was skipped as well

Did you try to bring over Shining Resonance for PS3?
    Isn't that supposed to be awful, like all the " Shining" games of late? Vic has better taste than that, lol.

VIC did say a couple pages back he still has interest in Shining Force III... I imagine that would be higher on the list? Not sure how feasible either or any Shining games are. I assume SFIII is just as much owned by SEGA still as Resonance?

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be awful, like all the " Shining" games of late? Vic has better taste than that, lol.
    It looks cool at the very least

The PS2 remakes of Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II
    It would be awesome if Vic could manage to get them translated and put on PSN(PS3) as PS2 classics
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 01-07-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Well this is an interesting thing that just popped up a bit ago:

4.jpg

Vic, I didn't know you really did very much promo merchandise under the Gaijinworks name, so this is a rare find. I'm assuming it was for the PSN re-releases or something?

Got any more of these hiding for my Working Designs/Gaijinworks collection?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I need that Tomba plush in my lifes.

oh wow that's cool! still wish id've picked that game up in the day, played that pizza hut or whatever demo disc to death, haha

this reminds me, i was at some sega con thing in the 90s that was out here - they had a beta of Jurassic Park for Genesis, as i recall - and i totally won a Bubsy plush ive never seen since, wish i still had that weird thing about

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    I need that Tomba plush in my lifes.
    Yeah, my Goemon needs a buddy (the only plush I have purchased as an adult) . . . though I have Mario and Luigi plushies from the '80s that I've had forever, along with a Genesis era Sonic.

I know, it's pretty cool right! It looks like it was Kelly Knight selling it so I'm guessing they still do work with Vic and get all the Gaijinworks goodz.

Digging a bit I found this:

To celebrate the English version release of Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return on the PSN, MonkeyPaw Games and Whoopee Camp are giving away plushies of everyone’s favorite pink-haired hero.

Be one of over 100 winners of the adorable Tomba plushie figure in a special Twitter promotion. These limited-edition plushies are not sold in stores. If you want to get one, follow the instructions below and hope your name is chosen!
    http://monkeypawgames.com/tomba-plushie/

And then another mention on CAG about someone getting one from GW when their CoH2 order was screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I think I remember trying to win one back then.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Vic talked about the Tomba plush earlier in this thread (not sure how to get his pictures to show up when quoting, but the links work):

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I think ours turned out better than the "official" Japanese tomba plush they got over there. Here's a pic of theirs (the wider one that looks like a baby tomba, to me) and ours, the taller one with the game-specific bracelet on his arm.

Attachment 783Attachment 784

This is turning into a WD Storytime post, but here's one of the feedback comparisons from around 1/2 way through the process (plush sample revision 4, I think we finished on 7 or 8) where we show what's right about the current sample, and what's wrong. There are a LOT of details to getting a plush right.

Attachment 786
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 02-08-2017 at 12:45 AM.