Page 5 of 193 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Ah I see, thanks for the insight I guess Sony really was heading the way of Sega, I'm glad they changed.

What projects was WD going for during the PS2 era? You guys did like 3 titles during the whole generation, I'm pretty sure that's not how you wanted it.
    We got the Growlansers out, but Goemon could not make approvals, so it's completely playable, mostly localized, partially polished. I also wanted to do Namida (Tengai Makyo III - the "real" 3, even though it ended up being about 30% of the original vision). There were some others, too, but I can't recall offhand. The huge waste of time getting Growlansers approved (almost 2 years) and trying to get Goemon approved really killed momentum, and it didn't ever need to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The Popful mail one was getting WAY off topic, so I just made a more relevant thread name for what the conversation became and moved it here.
    I applogize for my posts that were off topic

Yeah, my bad too, I've just had some of these questions for upwards of a decade...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    I applogize for my posts that were off topic
    No worries. It was just easier to branch the threads into more relevant sections. Now this thread has been 100% on-topic for 4 pages or more!

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post

As someone who holds that game as the peak of the genre (if not the greatest game of all time), that hurts on numerous levels. A Working Designs version would have been glorious.
    I haven't played mine yet. Its been sitting in my collection for the better part of 14 years. I did play Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast and thought it to be a bit lame, to say the least. But people rave about the original and it is on my list of games to play soon.

You should do a 'Lets Play' video walkthrough of Goemon with the partially localized beta

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I haven't played mine yet. Its been sitting in my collection for the better part of 14 years. I did play Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast and thought it to be a bit lame, to say the least. But people rave about the original and it is on my list of games to play soon.
    It's more a battle system thing than a story thing. That's the one holdover from other genres in my gaming tastes - I can put up with a lame story if the gameplay's good enough, but I can't sleep through a bad game to get a good story. I would definitely put the second Grandia over the first in terms of storyline and cast (in the first, most of the interesting characters were NPCs).

Generally speaking they have some weird Freudian thing going on with killing stuff from the inside, too. Never was sure what that was about.

I loved Grandia 1 and 2 in different ways and found enjoyment in both titles.

If you read the back of Grandia 2 (dreamcast), they tout the nice graphics and textures in the game lol.

The biggest problem I had with the original Grandia is that there's a special skill you need in order to beat the final boss that can only be acquired if you have an Axe (I think that was it). I didn't have that weapon on me though in the final dungeon, didn't have the skill either, and you couldn't go back to get one. So I had to level for about 20 hours just to beat the final boss without the skill, it sucked. Liked the game a lot other then that though.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    If you read the back of Grandia 2 (dreamcast), they tout the nice graphics and textures in the game lol.
    Back when it came out it was easily the best looking jrpg out on any console, bar none.

I wish I could've extended Grandia I to the tune of 20 hours...

Page 5 of 193 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast