Page 23 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Now I'm going to want a sticker, what have you done!? Was AO the only game with cart stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Now I'm going to want a sticker, what have you done!?
    He done it now!, Ima gettin a Sega Saturn!!!!

Now I'm going to want a sticker, what have you done!? Was AO the only game with cart stickers?
    Dragon Force is the one with the cart stickers, I believe because the size of the saves were so large a Memory Card was almost a necessity to play the whole game. (Similar to needing a Sega CD Backup Cart to play all of the Shining Force scenarios). In my opinion, the easiest way to get a sticker is to find a cart with one on it already, it took me quite awhile to find 3 different unused stickers.

Yeah we were really trying to push the memory cart at a time when SEGA was actively trying to hide them because it was part of Bernie's "kill the Saturn" strategy. So we made the memory card stickers and for a time sold the cards directly so fans could find them because SEGA of America was making them hard to buy. There's three stickers to match the CD variants for the game (one sticker matches two of the discs).

I never had a first-party cart, do the sticker sizes match up to the Action Replays?

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    I never had a first-party cart, do the sticker sizes match up to the Action Replays?
    Not correctly, but they kind of work. They fit the official SEGA carts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yeah we were really trying to push the memory cart at a time when SEGA was actively trying to hide them because it was part of Bernie's "kill the Saturn" strategy. So we made the memory card stickers and for a time sold the cards directly so fans could find them because SEGA of America was making them hard to buy. There's three stickers to match the CD variants for the game (one sticker matches two of the discs).
    That was pretty cool that WD was trying to fight against Stolar's attempt to kill off the Saturn

I wonder what he thought of all the requests from fans for RPGs that Sony got during the time he was running SCEA
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 05-29-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    That was pretty cool that WD was trying to fight against Stolar's attempt to kill off the Saturn

I wonder what he thought of all the requests from fans for RPGs that Sony got during the time he was running SCEA
    Fortunately, his time with SCEA was very short. They ditched him right around launch time for the PS1. Smart move. Unfortunately, that saddled SEGA with him until he helped run them into the ground.

Fortunately, his time with SCEA was very short. They ditched him right around launch time for the PS1. Smart move. Unfortunately, that saddled SEGA with him until he helped run them into the ground.
    Well at least he was kicked out shortly after the Dreamcast launch, if he were still there, I have very littitle doubt that Phantasy Star Online and the other Dreamcast RPGs would have stayed in Japan

Do you think he would've had the balls to try and torpedo FFVII had he stayed?