Page 28 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    I recently went through a pretty decent collection of old Nintendo Power magazines before handing them off to their new owner and I noticed something: Nintendo has had, for the longest time, quite the method of saying "you'll never see these games in North America." Over and over and over again. At least they were wrong this time.
    That Fire Emblem feature in 96 was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    I recently went through a pretty decent collection of old Nintendo Power magazines before handing them off to their new owner and I noticed something: Nintendo has had, for the longest time, quite the method of saying "you'll never see these games in North America." Over and over and over again. At least they were wrong this time.
    0.o How could you get rid of collector's items?!
    I wish I still had my NP issues, I bought several of the final issue to resell in a few years and one that I opened to keep for myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    0.o How could you get rid of collector's items?!
    I wish I still had my NP issues, I bought several of the final issue to resell in a few years and one that I opened to keep for myself
    I had to do the same thing, downsizing when the house I was renting got sold out from under us.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Is that just an MVS Super Gun in a SNES case?

Oh and nice to see you on the forums. The decade flew by quite quickly
    Pretty much. A friend of mine bet me that it couldn't be done because of the space restrictions inside the SNES case. The Neo MV-1C fit with about 1/16th of an inch to spare. Internalizing a power supply and the RGB encoder board was another challenge. Making the power and reset switches work was a little tougher than I expected as well. The controller ports are wired so that they use a standard Neo AES controller with an extra +5V line for the led modded controller as seen in the clip. I've got to build two more still and then I can retire that project for good. Even with all the expenses that it takes it still ends up being way cheaper than going the AES route. I probably should have built one for myself BEFORE buying an AES. I make poor decisions.

Hey Vic I was playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 the other day and I stumbled on to this
    p1.jpg
    What happened here? lol

This game is friggin awesome, why couldn't #3 or 1 for that matter be localized? In any case thank you for localizing CF2 21 years latter and people are still playing your games XD this game is currently butting heads with Phantasy Star II for the title of my favorite 16bit RPG.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    p1.jpg
    What happened here? lol

This game is friggin awesome, why couldn't #3 or 1 for that matter be localized? In any case thank you for localizing CF2 21 years latter and people are still playing your games XD this game is currently butting heads with Phantasy Star II for the title of my favorite 16bit RPG.
    Ha. Your answer is TTI.

All jokes aside, I always had trouble getting into this one. Too many good SNES RPGs. But I want to play through it when I finish the game room.

p1.jpg
    What happened here? lol

I wish the copy of Cosmic Fantasy 2 I bought on Amazon will arrive soon
    It was marked as shipped out almost two weeks ago
    I've ordered stuff from the West Coast before and it arrived in less then a week, me being on the East Coast
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 06-07-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Ha. Your answer is TTI.

All jokes aside, I always had trouble getting into this one. Too many good SNES RPGs. But I want to play through it when I finish the game room.
    Did TTI shut down before the game could be localized?

SNES has the reverse effect on me for some reason, I generally get caught up in GEN and SMS lol

Cosmic Fantasy 2 is very generic. I liked the small cutscenes, but other than that, it felt like a chore to plow through.

p1.jpg
    What happened here? lol
    lol a few old WD games do this too. Valis is hidden in Exile somewhere promoting Exile 2: THE REVENGE! and I think there's a penguin in Popful Mail somewhere who is a commercial for Lunar 2.

Did TTI shut down before the game could be localized?
    Working Designs was doing 2 games a year for the system starting in '91 and TTI went kaput in '93. I have a buyers guide floating around somewhere that promoted '94 releases on the Duo and the 2 working designs games listed were NeoGeo ports. One of them was World Heroes. Only Vic could tell you if they were localizing CF3 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Cosmic Fantasy 2 is very generic. I liked the small cutscenes, but other than that, it felt like a chore to plow through.
    see, the thing about CF2 was it was a CD game and back in '92 those small cutscenes with voice overs blew people's minds. Its also why Y's book 1&2 was held in such high regard. CF2 is a terribly primitive game though. There's no shared inventory, and if you accidentally give someone the wrong weapon, there's no option to give it to another character.

There is one thing about the CF2 I always wanted to know though. Somewhere in the second half of the game is a secret town. You're told there's a special item there and you'll get something good if you find it. Well, I found it and did what I was supposed to do with it but I had no idea what it did for me.