Page 29 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

OH! And if anyone DOES happen to be playing Cosmic Fantasy 2. You know how every time you go into a healing spa or bath or whatever, you see that message, "Calgon, take me away"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJsnR-KDbFc

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    OH! And if anyone DOES happen to be playing Cosmic Fantasy 2. You know how every time you go into a healing spa or bath or whatever, you see that message, "Calgon, take me away"?

I haven't seen one of those commercials since the 1980's. I'm not sure too many would even get that now.

Ohhhhhhhh so that's what it meant 0-0 I sure didn't pick up on that one but I did pick up the part where you get stuck in the Twilight Zone at the beginning XDXDXD possibly my favorite part of the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Cosmic Fantasy 2 is very generic. I liked the small cutscenes, but other than that, it felt like a chore to plow through.
    I can understand that. For me, Cosmic Fantasy 2 is one of my favorite games. While the battle system was simple, and the overall plot was standard; the actual events within the game blew my mind.

SPOILERS! Since some of you are interested in playing it.

You have to bear in mind Galam succeeds on almost all levels. He's subjugated Idea through both power and attaining immortality. The immortality came from a forced marriage, which alone has plenty of rape implications. The person he's married? The protagonist Van's childhood sweetheart. He then effortlessly smacks down Van and removes the boy from that point in time by sending him on a one-way trip to the future. Even after Galam has won, he still continues to indulge in a what I took as a planetwide sex slave trade for the girls and forced conscription for the boys; while trying to expand his power base to other planets. Since the game ends 20 years after it began, Galam has had the people of Idea in his thrall for two decades. Van may have been the protagonist, but it's the arrival of the local space police that allows any change to be implemented. Even when the party does manage to take down Galam; Laura dies and Van leaves the planet since there's nothing left for him. Hell, there's probably no family left, since Galam actually built his stronghold over Van's hometown. The ending is bittersweet if you think about it.

Yeah, the game has cheese. And there are loads of better games available. But to a 12 - 13 year old boy playing that even after Final Fantasy IV's stellar yet largely standard good guys win it all (except Tellah) ending; it hit pretty hard on the narrative scale. More importantly, it cemented a love of RPGs that began with FF and FFIV.
    Last edited by datguy86; 06-10-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Only Vic could tell you if they were localizing CF3 or not.
    He commented on it earlier in the thread.
    http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...ull=1#post1862

Cosmic Fantasy 2 is very generic. I liked the small cutscenes, but other than that, it felt like a chore to plow through.
    Couldn't agree more, the grinding is kind of bad early on but it is a neat game. Plus I've yet to ever hear someone complain about that Babette shower scene. I'm amazed they kept that in, but edited her giving the screen a middle finger into shaking her fist.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Couldn't agree more, the grinding is kind of bad early on but it is a neat game. Plus I've yet to ever hear someone complain about that Babette shower scene. I'm amazed they kept that in, but edited her giving the screen a middle finger into shaking her fist.
    NEC demanded that. Which was weird given that we were allowed to keep people burning at the stake in Exile. Their standards were...inconsistent.

Don't know if this was answered already, but why was Cosmic Fantasy 2 chosen for localisation and not CF1 (or any others). Was it because the system tanked?

Don't know if this was answered already, but why was Cosmic Fantasy 2 chosen for localisation and not CF1 (or any others). Was it because the system tanked?
    The graphics on CF1 were rougher and the story on CF2 was better, so I thought CF2 would make the best impact. I always intended to go back and do CF1, it just never worked out. But never say never - maybe some day.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The graphics on CF1 were rougher and the story on CF2 was better, so I thought CF2 would make the best impact. I always intended to go back and do CF1, it just never worked out. But never say never - maybe some day.
    Telenet went under in 2007 but Sunsoft currently owns Telenet's games, maybe you could talk to them and work something out, they might be willing to port or remake the 4 Cosmic Fantasy games on 3DS