Page 33 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

TempestOne

WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

LOL I do not know if it's "trivia" but when I recently watched the Making Of disc for LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue COMPLETE, they had the making of playing in the background when they went into the video game store in Japan. You can see Jenny singing in the background on a television screen behind the team talking to the fans which I thought was so cool because I never noticed it before and I do not think I ever caught someone else mentioning it elsewhere either.

From GameArts

Thank you very much for your email and your continued support.

Unfortunately, we have no plan to release Lunar The Silver Star and
    Eternal Blue on the PlayStation Network Store and the Wii U e-shop at
    this time.

Once again, thank you very much for your interest in Lunar series.

Sincerely,

GAME ARTS

$)(#&$(P#$O^#)*&^@#P^(&#$*)^@

I freaking hate this crap, people are requesting that they put emulated versions of their games on PSN and the Wii/WiiU Virtual Consoles and this is all they can respond with, they might as well say We don't give a damn about your money or what you want

TempestOne

Hey! I actually have something to say about that, like... I've always liked Game Arts because they've put out great games. I think that's how they always answer their e-mails just from musings across the internet.

There is another alternative to that solution and that's getting the SEGA CD games themselves! I do not know if you already have working copies and just want "updated" versions as backups. I kind of can get where you're coming from. It's cool to have backups for anything video game related, really. I dunno much about it but it's probably a technology issue, most likely. The software's so old school and the hardware's so new school that they'd somehow clash, not even taking into account the middle man of the kind of televisions, etc. Do not quote me on that, though.

Once again! I've actually just got around to playing some SEGA CD games recently and it's such a good cause to dive into that endeavor. Basically, you can get them for cheap if you really look around. Plus, it's fun trying to muster up the patience to figure out how to hook up that device to the T.V.'s we have now. LOL When I say "cheap," I mean like a really inexpensive $300.00 around the holidays? It'd be just a cool-type of "whatever" spree during this time of year. The games are worth it, as is the console, if you're willing to invest. Something about having the whole shebang: game disc, game case + instruction manual feels so good as a gamer. Plus, as gamers that like the type of games this company puts out, they have those cool-looking fliers to add to the miscellaneous pile of game merchandise that we just like to have... I wish virtual downloads came with free extras like that.

Yea I know, if they have no desire to do anything with the Lunar series then why not sell the series to a company that could do something great with it

^Let's start some petitions and email bomb them. I am game.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    Hey! I actually have something to say about that, like... I've always liked Game Arts because they've put out great games. I think that's how they always answer their e-mails just from musings across the internet.

There is another alternative to that solution and that's getting the SEGA CD games themselves! I do not know if you already have working copies and just want "updated" versions as backups. I kind of can get where you're coming from. It's cool to have backups for anything video game related, really. I dunno much about it but it's probably a technology issue, most likely. The software's so old school and the hardware's so new school that they'd somehow clash, not even taking into account the middle man of the kind of televisions, etc. Do not quote me on that, though.

Once again! I've actually just got around to playing some SEGA CD games recently and it's such a good cause to dive into that endeavor. Basically, you can get them for cheap if you really look around. Plus, it's fun trying to muster up the patience to figure out how to hook up that device to the T.V.'s we have now. LOL When I say "cheap," I mean like a really inexpensive $300.00 around the holidays? It'd be just a cool-type of "whatever" spree during this time of year. The games are worth it, as is the console, if you're willing to invest. Something about having the whole shebang: game disc, game case + instruction manual feels so good as a gamer. Plus, as gamers that like the type of games this company puts out, they have those cool-looking fliers to add to the miscellaneous pile of game merchandise that we just like to have... I wish virtual downloads came with free extras like that.
    I had copies of The Silver Star and Eternal Blue (both SCD), I sold them along with my Sega CD, Dreamcast, TurboDuo and all the games for each system because it was years since the last time I hooked any of the systems up and I really wanted a Wii U

Both Lunars were complete with the original case and manual, what's more is the copy of Lunar EB SCD was still sealed in it's shrinkwrap
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 11-11-2013 at 03:02 PM.

TempestOne

Hey... I actually was in the middle of typing something up online last night but got totally distracted, um... pretty much, that's the reason why I do not ever really sell my video games. I do not think I ever have, perhaps once I can think of offhand where I sold it back just to see how it's done (Max Payne; I beat it in one sitting...) but for the most part I just do not sell them away because I know that I'd regret it. I definitely would be willing to trade, though.

I would've never parted with my LUNAR stuff! I want to virtually slap you with a inanimate object because there's so much lore involved with the LUNAR series it's almost addictive, but I can't believe you had it in you to sell such a retro console in the first place. I am not one to judge, though. And it sounds like they were in pristine condition. If you really want to fill the void left on your gaming shelf, you can definitely work your way back to those artifacts within the video game community, for sure. Like there's the remakes, and the new-style LUNAR games available + merchandise. Sounds like to me that you definitely miss them. LOL I am not picking on you, though.

I would be so down to e-mail Game Arts at least even once because they need to know that the LUNAR series definitely has more than just a following. It's a near necessity each year almost, haha. The only suggestion I have is to rummage through the e-shops online or shake down your state's video game stores while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    Hey... I actually was in the middle of typing something up online last night but got totally distracted, um... pretty much, that's the reason why I do not ever really sell my video games. I do not think I ever have, perhaps once I can think of offhand where I sold it back just to see how it's done (Max Payne; I beat it in one sitting...) but for the most part I just do not sell them away because I know that I'd regret it. I definitely would be willing to trade, though.

I would've never parted with my LUNAR stuff! I want to virtually slap you with a inanimate object because there's so much lore involved with the LUNAR series it's almost addictive, but I can't believe you had it in you to sell such a retro console in the first place. I am not one to judge, though. And it sounds like they were in pristine condition. If you really want to fill the void left on your gaming shelf, you can definitely work your way back to those artifacts within the video game community, for sure. Like there's the remakes, and the new-style LUNAR games available + merchandise. Sounds like to me that you definitely miss them. LOL I am not picking on you, though.

I would be so down to e-mail Game Arts at least even once because they need to know that the LUNAR series definitely has more than just a following. It's a near necessity each year almost, haha. The only suggestion I have is to rummage through the e-shops online or shake down your state's video game stores while you wait.
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Lunar series, but I hate having to unhook systems and hook others up in their place
    with the virtual console, I have access to multiple consoles worth of games all on one machine
    SMS, Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube(soon), Turbografx16, Turbografx CD, Neo Geo and so on

TempestOne

Well, I am actually pretty indifferent towards a lot of the technical aspects of video games like you say, about hooking up different systems all the time, etc. I actually do not mind at all because I thought it was a cool feature finding that right type of wire or attachment that'll hook all your systems up on one T.V. There's a few of those at Radio Shacks I am sure, the all-purpose thingamabobs. Plus, I just keep the systems clean so they keep working over time and stuff them in storage (still in the box if possible) when I do not need them at the time. I do not really, totally care too much about setting a system up because I pretty much know how to do it in record time, eventually. I can think of a video game I downloaded that took forever and a half in comparison to me having to set up a console and put the disc in... and that pretty much killed some of the joy when I got around to starting it... sorry, no offense to virtually downloading video games.

I am so go with the flow like, if a company doesn't want to put up a video game online for virtual download, I'll probably still send an e-mail if I truly, really care and just feel like I did my part but I tend to just move along because I do have other video games to play. I just like to have fun! I am not going to dwell on certain games because I feel that's more for the industry personnel, anyway... once I have more time to dive into a certain realm then I might be more inclined to make more direct posts on it in certain communities but for the most part I am hot and cold. I'll jump on and hang tight onto whatever I am interested in at the time, but then I still know I have other things to take care of, whether it be personal life stuff or just other titles. I am even all across the board amongst game titles, franchises... but I do have certain favorites all at the same time.

*eyes scratchy*
    Last edited by TempestOne; 11-11-2013 at 08:32 PM.

It's not just the problem of hooking systems up, space is an issue too
    Not having enough room to store the systems that aren't currently being used is a major problem
    I'm trying to keep as many things as I possibly can but anything that has been sitting in a box for the last couple years isn't a huge thing I'd be interested in keeping
    If the Sega CD, Turbo Duo etc had the box and everything that originally came with it when it came out all those years ago then I'd make sure I keep it but I didn't pay anything for the Turbo Duo, someone tried to trade into Gamestop a few years ago and just left it there so I got it to prevent it from being thrown away