Page 163 of 193 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I don't think getting previous titles in a series matters too much unless it's a direct continuation. If a game is good (and stand alone) it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Sometimes it's all that can be done. By the point it released the ship had sailed on the Saturn and DC releases. Vic had to do it with Summon Night and Growlanser. Better to get some games than none.
    Vic could save quite a bit of money skipping a physical PC release of Sakura Wars and have it available through steam so he wouldn't have to deal with making any boxes, manuals or other extras

The only companies that do retail PC games these days are mostly the larger ones like Bethesda, Activision Bliizard and Square Enix

There is always the occasional developer like HelloGames that pushed out that CE of No Man's Sky for PC that came with that ship model

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I don't think getting previous titles in a series matters too much unless it's a direct continuation. If a game is good (and stand alone) it shouldn't matter.
    The only Growlanser games that were connected directly were 1 and 2, 5 and 6

I was just talking about why we see later games in the series where we didn't get the early games. Wasn't talking about Vic doing the PC release.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I really enjoyed Growlanser 2 and 3 tbh. Couldn't get into Heritage of War as much.
    That objectively IS the worst game in the series, but I still liked it. The art was great if nothing else.

Vic have you considered any pc games since starting Gaijinworks?

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Oh, no, he KNEW they were firing him. He made a lot of enemies there. SEGA was mental to take him.
    its almost eerie how they felt about stolar when they first hired him away from sony http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/other/july-n.htm (scroll down to july 15th,1996) "We've been courting him for a long time and we feel that it's payback for all the people Sony took from us." fastforward 20 years later and its clear that they had NO idea what they were in for bringing him on board and sony were probably sitting quietly with a big smug grin on their faces

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    That objectively IS the worst game in the series, but I still liked it. The art was great if nothing else.
    Yeah, as a fan, I was just kinda pissed that Atlus did NOTHING to improve what was obviously a broken release. If you look at the Japanese GL2 and GL3 vs what we released, we spent a lot of time polishing the interface, status screens, etc to make it look and play better. Atlus US could have done that if they really cared about the fans and weren't just trying to cash in on what we started with GL2 and 3 (and they took back to continue themselves in the US once we proved a market for the series, killing the market dead with virtually no effort in their releases of GL games).

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    its almost eerie how they felt about stolar when they first hired him away from sony http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/other/july-n.htm (scroll down to july 15th,1996) "We've been courting him for a long time and we feel that it's payback for all the people Sony took from us." fastforward 20 years later and its clear that they had NO idea what they were in for bringing him on board and sony were probably sitting quietly with a big smug grin on their faces
    I know for a fact there were those at Sony (if not everyone) that were extremely happy SEGA was sabotaging themselves with Bernie. Sony learned he was poison and got him out as fast as possible because they didn't want him messing up the PS1. So, he screwed the Saturn instead.