Page 165 of 193 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Maybe if you pretend some things don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Pretty sure he just wanted to fast forward to the Dreamcast and get to "his" success. He was too na´ve or dumb to realize that the timeline couldn't be accelerated that fast and he would just end up creating bad blood with retailers then a huge gap in retail presence until the Dreamcast showed up (which he did).

Also, with regard to the RAM cart for Saturn, we were buying them from the SEGA developer store then SELLING them direct for around cost because they were impossible to find at retail (SEGA wasn't selling to them) and RPG fans (especially) wanted them. Bernie found out that we were making them widely available and cut off our access to purchase them in the store to resell to desperate Saturn owners - just to ensure they wouldn't be available anywhere. He really was a bad guy for any kind of console fan to have in their world.
    when you say RAM carts you mean the ones for fighting games right? not the memory carts...

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Seriously. If you could only hear ALL the stories. Completely unbelievable anyone let him run ANY game company at all - let alone multiple game companies. He was even Google's game evangelist for a while, AFAIK. Crazy stuff for anyone who has dealt with him personally.
    please tell me ALL the stories I really want to know

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    when you say RAM carts you mean the ones for fighting games right? not the memory carts...
    I was talking about the memory carts. Bernie wanted them to be made unavailable so people would just give up on Saturn because of its tiny internal memory capacity. He really was the devil, in my experience.

Vic you guys ever consider picking up the Shining Force III games in 1997 before they made it over? I know you guys did some other Sega stuff (Shining Wisdom, MKR, Sega Ages)

I know Stolar didn't help the Saturn (duh) but Im not sure we would have gotten much else with anyone else in charge. System seemed to be on last legs before he took the helm. Maybe at least the shooter packs you guys were planning I need a shot of those posters you guys had up at E3!
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 12-22-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Vic you guys ever consider picking up the Shining Force III games in 1997 before they made it over? I know you guys did some other Sega stuff (Shining Wisdom, MKR, Sega Ages)

I know Stolar didn't help the Saturn (duh) but Im not sure we would have gotten much else with anyone else in charge. System seemed to be on last legs before he took the helm. Maybe at least the shooter packs you guys were planning I need a shot of those posters you guys had up at E3!
    Saturn was never going to WIN that generation here, but with ANYONE else, it could have made a respectable showing. You have to remember there were almost TWO YEARS of NOTHING because Bernie killed Saturn too early, trying to push the DC release up when that didn't happen. Two years of okay sales are much better than literally nothing. It was a dark time, and SEGA never really recovered, especially at retail that remained wary for the DC after what SEGA did to them for Saturn's launch and unexpected, abrupt end.

Yeah, I wanted to do Shining Force III (I still do, actually - all of them), but it wasn't going to happen. But this reminded me,(again) of one SEGA title that pissed me off - Phantasy Star IV. We stepped in to do that when SoA passed because they said was no market for it (total bull) and it wouldn't sell. But when they learned we got involved and were going to license it from SoJ, SoA magically became interested again, but only so they could sell it for a ridiculous price to PROVE there was no market, rather than have us succeed with it and prove them wrong to SoJ. That $100 price had nothing to do with reality and everything to do with them trying to kill the title at launch with a price like 60% over the norm to prove a point. They failed. Even at $100, it sold out.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I don't understand why Stolar would continue working in the video game market when he clearly didn't like it. A career change would've been better than purposely tanking a company :S.

Because video games are EVIL!
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I don't understand why Stolar would continue working in the video game market when he clearly didn't like it. A career change would've been better than purposely tanking a company :S.
    Was thinking the same thing. I wonder if there are former employees that can vouch the reasons for his decisions.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Mind numb. Same Stolar / Saturn conversations from 20 years ago. Probably same Working Deisgns Message Board SEGA trolls living in mom's basement.

Alert... Alert... Malfunction.... *BOOM*

prince.jpg

*BLEEP* NSFW http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj...e---uncensored
    Last edited by zborgerd; 12-22-2016 at 03:58 PM.