Page 109 of 193 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Wow, that's some collection! I don't remember how many of hers were made (it's on a PO somewhere in a file, though), but I know that she was also a rare one. Choko was the rarest, though.

This is the framed Arc watch set I have on my wall:

Attachment 913
    I remember you talking about that file over a year ago and how you would look for it. I've still been waiting for you to find it because I (and many others) would love to know the exact counts in existence.

OMG solaris32, that was the guy. Yeah when I refused to pay him, and told him I was going to report him, he started to spout cult stuff and trying to send links, and it all went to eBay when I reported him.

Quote Originally Posted by solaris32 View Post
    I remember you talking about that file over a year ago and how you would look for it. I've still been waiting for you to find it because I (and many others) would love to know the exact counts in existence.
    Whenever I archive an old WD office hard drive (I'm consolidating all of the ones I have onto one giant drive for easy searching), I always check, but I haven't run across it yet, and I haven't had time to archive any more drives for a while now.

I know I would love to see that list whenever it is found. Also I can't wait if you do happen to list some extra watches and hopefully one is the one I need, and I'm able to afford it against anyone else who may want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Nope Anrietta , I wish it was Chongara it would be an easy buy on eBay right now. I lost out on Anrietta about a year ago when I bought it off eBay from a seller and he marked it shipped and the next day he canceled the transaction and said someone offered him more for it and if I still wanted it I would have to pay almost $100 more. He got reported but I lost out on a watch. How many Anrietta's were produced? They seem very hard to ever find.
    Anrietta was the last watch I needed as well. Very uncommon, there was also no promo art of her (or Choko) easily available, and they're not in the manuals since they're hidden characters, so they're more difficult to identify. Gotta love those drill curls though :P

Quote Originally Posted by solaris32 View Post
    Here's my current collection. I've managed to accrue 2.5 sets and I'm still enjoying finding more .
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...nd-color=black

And that guy you're talking about? He did the same thing to me with a different watch. So I reported him to Ebay for doing sales outside of Ebay via Ebay listings. That dude was crazy and was in some kind of cult lol, I'm serious.
    I remember talking with you here when you were looking for one you were missing, I think it was Kukuru? Did you buy that near complete second set that was up on ebay because you have a huge number of duplicates! I can't imagine the space that takes up, just the 14 I have is a lot.

It's funny, I spent years trying to finish my set and finally did it and posted on here since I had never heard of anyone else getting them all. Now you finished it as well and a couple other people are so very close as well! It makes me think I must have been pretty lazy or cheap starting out :O
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I've been trying for 4.5 years to complete this set. Although my only way to find these watches has been eBay. I've either lost out on a couple that went for way much more than I thought it would have been worth or someone else really wanted the watch also like last year Diek went for around 260 when in the past ones I saw he hits around 60, or someone happened to see the watch on eBay before I got a notification that one was for auction. Still if I would have paid the cult guy, I would have a complete set.

Yeah some people get crazy, especially when they are near the end of a collection. I'm not interested in collecting these watches at reasonable prices but really the logic of being patient applies to collecting anything. I ended up passing on bidding again on a lot this morning because it went too high. There aren't even any other reasonable lots of this up right now, but there will be and I wasn't willing to go higher.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Yeah the thing I think I love the most about collecting is if I get a great deal out of it, or have a feeling that the price will go higher in the near future. Sure I could say yeah I have Earthbound and I just bought it for 200 and I probably be happy but I would feel that my collection feels more sentimental if I I go to a yard sale and find EB for 50 bucks. I've done really well on the watches though, of all 13 watches the avg price is 44 dollars. I have 3 spares that I have spent 40 each on to offset the last one and the price starts to scratch the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Yeah the thing I think I love the most about collecting is if I get a great deal out of it, or have a feeling that the price will go higher in the near future. Sure I could say yeah I have Earthbound and I just bought it for 200 and I probably be happy but I would feel that my collection feels more sentimental if I I go to a yard sale and find EB for 50 bucks.
    That mentality stopped me from buying Earthbound at $80, but the yardsale copy never came. Finally I sold off my yardsale bounty/tradebait and picked up a copy for $150 and a PDS at $375. Although out of pocket expenses were much much much less.

I think the most I ever spent on any of my video games was around 110-115 including tax, I'm in the middle of trading with a guy locally for a turbografx 16 and all the games are complete with the manuals and cases are super star soldier, sidearms, impossamole, galaga 90, parasol stars, tricky kick, power golf and keith courage. He wants 250, but he takes trades so when I see him again I will hopefully be able to trade stuff I don't need anymore and get that instead to test out the turbograpx 16 that I already have that I got for $10 but it is just the system no cords or controllers, but it came with the hard carrying case. I didn't want to buy a controller since they are expensive and a cheap game since the cables can be used from NES and Genesis and find out it never worked. I'm hoping with this deal to finally test it and if it does work then to sell it to offset more costs.