Page 110 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    I think the most I ever spent on any of my video games was around 110-115 including tax, I'm in the middle of trading with a guy locally for a turbografx 16 and all the games are complete with the manuals and cases are super star soldier, sidearms, impossamole, galaga 90, parasol stars, tricky kick, power golf and keith courage. He wants 250, but he takes trades so when I see him again I will hopefully be able to trade stuff I don't need anymore and get that instead to test out the turbograpx 16 that I already have that I got for $10 but it is just the system no cords or controllers, but it came with the hard carrying case. I didn't want to buy a controller since they are expensive and a cheap game since the cables can be used from NES and Genesis and find out it never worked. I'm hoping with this deal to finally test it and if it does work then to sell it to offset more costs.
    Nice, a TG16 rental case is pretty sweet. $250 seems a bit steep for what you are getting there but I am pretty cheap. It looks like Solaris has an extra Anrietta watch in that picture, he may be willing to sell one to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DariaRPG View Post
    That mentality stopped me from buying Earthbound at $80, but the yardsale copy never came. Finally I sold off my yardsale bounty/tradebait and picked up a copy for $150 and a PDS at $375. Although out of pocket expenses were much much much less.
    Yeah even with a very solid summer of reselling for me I still couldn't justify buying PDS at the going rate.

Depends on your area for what you can find. I've found multiple Earthbounds for under $10, well before SNES boots were an issue (09 and earlier) but that really doesn't happen anymore. Saturn stuff is really rare here. There is one other Saturn collector near me and he has started selling off his full US set.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Nice, a TG16 rental case is pretty sweet. $250 seems a bit steep for what you are getting there but I am pretty cheap. It looks like Solaris has an extra Anrietta watch in that picture, he may be willing to sell one to you.
    If they are fully complete then it's really solid. Plus he can probably be talked down a bit.

Personally I would sell the US Turbo and buy a region modded Core Grafx. Jmo.

As far as the most I've paid for any single game well...I paid a great deal for the Senjou no Valkyria Limited Box while the Yen was very strong. Got a lot of extra VC stuff with it and I loooooove VC so I'm okay with it but yeah, it was right near my max for any one game ($200).
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I think the first SNES boot problem I saw personally was in 2005. I just started to swing back into SNES games since my ps1, ps2 collection is getting almost impossible to complete by finding in the wild and/or getting it at a good price. I have so many video game bonus stuff that I've finally realized I don't really want anymore, and I got most of it for free or really cheap, so I've been trying to consolidate my collection down a little y trading lots of smalls for a good game. There is a store near me now that does a once a month trade event where people come in and brings different things and attempt to trade. Even the owner will jump in and trade if he sees something he wants for personally or for his store.

Since I never jumped much into SNES games and I knew about fakes back in the day where it was very obvious to a good eye that the label was off but with hi res screenshots and printers I finally had to sit down and do a bunch of research about NES, SNES, N64, PS1 boots, and carry a security screw bit in my wallet, and keep a spare in the glove compartment.

250 is not bad, I looked up all of the games and looked up the cheapest they have sold for on eBay as a baseline and the games complete came up to 240, then there is the system with a controller and it has the original power cord, av is the NES. I'm going to dump my sega genesis, sega CD with the gen 1 extender, and a sega master system with some accessories, and start with that. He has other odds and ends that I'm going to toss in the pile if he can't come off the price or if I bring in something that is worth more than the original lot.

For some reason I didn't even notice you were getting a system. Yeah that's solid. The US Turbo base system is really the worst option though, but yet people will pay good money for it. It might be more trouble than it's worth for you but I definitely recommend what I was suggesting earlier even moreso now (since you'd have two US Turbos to sell).

I didn't run into SNES booties until later than you but yeah if it's a serious purchase I am popping it open and checking everything out. If it's $2 a game then I will just give it a glance and suss it out later.

Anything in particular you are looking for right now? If you are offering to give up some value to do trades for better games then I would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Depends on your area for what you can find. I've found multiple Earthbounds for under $10, well before SNES boots were an issue (09 and earlier) but that really doesn't happen anymore. Saturn stuff is really rare here. There is one other Saturn collector near me and he has started selling off his full US set.
    South Florida's big on Genesis stuff, anything SNES is a rare find.

Florida. The birthplace of horse **** video game pricing.

Can you explain the worst part of the turbograpfx? I have never played one since I've been stuck with a incomplete forever. Yeah I will have a possible extra turbo to sell if it works. If it doesn't I've seen the parts only go for a little bit on eBay, but I hate selling on eBay due to the 10% off the top then the 2%+ from Paypal, and then shipping with tracking since I need to cover myself to not get a message saying I'm really enjoying what you sold me, but since you never added tracking you can't prove I got it and therefore I need a refund.

I'm really looking for RPGs mainly from PS2 and earlier. Also good/fun games from N64 and back. I like RPGs but I picked up harvest moon 64 since I love the series, and recently got Turtles in Time since it was a great game to play. Lastly any kind of unusual game, or some kind of game with something really special about it due to a pre order or something etc.

What kind of things are you looking for? I'm trying to trade down my extras like pre order bonuses, posters, odds and ends but video game related, and maybe a few games.

Florida. Where I got my NES Mega Man 4 boxed complete for 6 dollars in 2010. That was a beautiful day. A store called Play & Trade was in the area where I go every Thanksgiving to spend time with my grandparents, and this P&T was one of the worst stores I've ever been to. He had so much eye candy that I and many other people would be drawn to and the owner would always say that is store display only, while we were more than welcome to shop around and buy the 30 copies of madden 95, and other games like that.

One day I walked in and the owner had to go out of town for a day and I was still looking around and behind the register was a wall of NES boxed complete games. I never asked before how much since anything else I would ask that was on a super high shelf or behind glass was always not for sale, but that day I asked about the MM4 to the employee and he grabbed it looked at it and there was no price on it. He looked it up in their inventory on the computer and said 6 dollars and I immediately bought it and left. I looked at the receipt when I got home and noticed it said Mega Man X4 for PS1 disc only.

The store closed permanently about 3 months later due to high rent and the fact the owner would never sell anything good ad his trade in policy was really bad. I always joked that the owner shut down the store to search for me to get back his game

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Can you explain the worst part of the turbograpfx? I have never played one since I've been stuck with a incomplete forever. Yeah I will have a possible extra turbo to sell if it works. If it doesn't I've seen the parts only go for a little bit on eBay, but I hate selling on eBay due to the 10% off the top then the 2%+ from Paypal, and then shipping with tracking since I need to cover myself to not get a message saying I'm really enjoying what you sold me, but since you never added tracking you can't prove I got it and therefore I need a refund.

I'm really looking for RPGs mainly from PS2 and earlier. Also good/fun games from N64 and back. I like RPGs but I picked up harvest moon 64 since I love the series, and recently got Turtles in Time since it was a great game to play. Lastly any kind of unusual game, or some kind of game with something really special about it due to a pre order or something etc.

What kind of things are you looking for? I'm trying to trade down my extras like pre order bonuses, posters, odds and ends but video game related, and maybe a few games.
    RF only w/o mods and a ridiculous controller input that is different from every other PCE/Turbo system (which all use the same port). It limits you big time on which controllers you can use.