Page 111 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Florida. The birthplace of horse **** video game pricing.
    Yeah... no arguments here.

This area is pretty cheap, as long as you avoid college towns. I have a friend in Florida, I try to help him out when I can. He pretty much has to buy online unless it's something newer.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

My area in NC is hit or miss. Some places really know what they have and they go for top 75% or higher of what is is worth on eBay, or one store that is a great place to dump crap because they give a little bit more, but would never shop there because they are a 1/2 mile from the campus I went to and they are automatically the whatever is goes for on eBay we add a minimum of 20% to that price. Most of it is miss now that everyone looks on their device and goes to eBay and its worse if they go to amazon sometimes and think that is what they should get due to their lack of understanding. What area are you from Gypsy? I'm unfamiliar with an Enchanted Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I remember talking with you here when you were looking for one you were missing, I think it was Kukuru? Did you buy that near complete second set that was up on ebay because you have a huge number of duplicates! I can't imagine the space that takes up, just the 14 I have is a lot.

It's funny, I spent years trying to finish my set and finally did it and posted on here since I had never heard of anyone else getting them all. Now you finished it as well and a couple other people are so very close as well! It makes me think I must have been pretty lazy or cheap starting out :O
    Yea it was Kukuru, but some dude had a complete set on Ebay with a buy it now of $400 if I remember right. I snatched that up quick . I personally value the rare ones for a couple hundred each, but you can get them cheap if you're lucky. However these aren't getting any more common .

You were that person, I remember that notification and it was snatched quickly. I have a feeling you and I have been in bidding wars LOL

Vic I have a question if you don't mind? For Growlanser Generations there was the Deluxe version that many people know about, but that was also one of the games that if you called and pre ordered directly from Working Designs you would also get 2 pins, and a mini deck of cards. Do you happen to recall how many people actually pre ordered the game through your company?

I have them still sealed, but of all the times I looked from time to time I have never seen a complete set, I've seen the pins separately a couple of time and I think I saw the cards once.

The game is awesome but that Deluxe plus an exclusive bonus on top of that is what I always try to look for when buying a limited edition game since I've been spoiled by Working Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Vic I have a question if you don't mind? For Growlanser Generations there was the Deluxe version that many people know about, but that was also one of the games that if you called and pre ordered directly from Working Designs you would also get 2 pins, and a mini deck of cards. Do you happen to recall how many people actually pre ordered the game through your company?

I have them still sealed, but of all the times I looked from time to time I have never seen a complete set, I've seen the pins separately a couple of time and I think I saw the cards once.

The game is awesome but that Deluxe plus an exclusive bonus on top of that is what I always try to look for when buying a limited edition game since I've been spoiled by Working Designs
    Growlanser Generations deluxe was almost completely retail. The direct sales for that with the bonus couldn't have been more than a few hundred copies. I think just the Deluxe (not the regular ones) shipped like 18,000 to retail, so it was like not even 2% came with that direct bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Growlanser Generations deluxe was almost completely retail. The direct sales for that with the bonus couldn't have been more than a few hundred copies. I think just the Deluxe (not the regular ones) shipped like 18,000 to retail, so it was like not even 2% came with that direct bonus?
    WOW, that is much lower than I expected, but then again even looking up any information about it is almost non existent. Well even maxing out at 2% that would be approximately 360 max made, and then you have people who opened them, people who damaged them, casualties, tossed out, or just lost them since they were very tiny. I'm sure you still have a few lying around though.

They are really crafted very well, it pained me not to open them when I was a teenager, but I had to keep reminding myself that they are very tiny pins, do not wear since they could fall off, do not open cards they are very tiny and can be a very cruel 52 pick up game to someone who doesn't understand what these mean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    WOW, that is much lower than I expected, but then again even looking up any information about it is almost non existent. Well even maxing out at 2% that would be approximately 360 max made, and then you have people who opened them, people who damaged them, casualties, tossed out, or just lost them since they were very tiny. I'm sure you still have a few lying around though.

They are really crafted very well, it pained me not to open them when I was a teenager, but I had to keep reminding myself that they are very tiny pins, do not wear since they could fall off, do not open cards they are very tiny and can be a very cruel 52 pick up game to someone who doesn't understand what these mean to me.
    Yeah, I still have a few hundred of the pins (total for GL II and GL III), but not very many of the mini-card sets. We used them separately for promotion at trade shows.

When I get around to getting the Arc watches up on Ebay, I'll put up some of these pins, too.

In case anyone was interested on what they looked like

Pic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpg