Page 140 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

SO was there an 'unintelligent gamer' mag?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    much the same out here, man! id watch stuff like Lufia 2 stay around $70 hoping for a drop, and it'd just disappear instead.
    always kick myself for passing on the saturn, but even the friends i knew with it at the time never really saw the big ones (MKR, PDS etc) heavily discounted.
    About the only SNES game i can think of that was discounted, aside from shovelware and licensed games, was Earthbound, that was, like, 30 bucks in 1997/98, meanwhile Mario world 2 was still full price. Also, lufia 2 isn't even anywhere close to 70 bucks anymore, it's more like 100 leaning on 120(glad i got it for <90 when i did).
    Last edited by Missile!; 08-19-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Oh man, so we almost got the Saturn version of Lunar? That would've been awesome. Did Serpent's Kiss ever release?

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    Oh man, so we almost got the Saturn version of Lunar? That would've been awesome. Did Serpent's Kiss ever release?
    Don't think so. It's hard to even find info on it. Maybe Vic will have more insight here.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    About the only SNES game i can think of that was discounted, aside from shovelware and licensed games, was Earthbound, that was, like, 30 bucks in 1997/98, meanwhile Mario world 2 was still full price. Also, lufia 2 isn't even anywhere close to 70 bucks anymore, it's more like 100 leaning on 120(glad i got it for <90 when i did).
    oh man, i remember those big boxes going on discount! if i had $ back then i swear idve bought some for gifts, everyone on my block borrowed/loved my copy of EB, haha
    still wish i could find a good repro box to replace it too, died in one my many moves

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    SO was there an 'unintelligent gamer' mag?
    yes, it was called GamePro

yes, it was called GamePro
    I hated GamePro, but read it as a kid/teen anyway. EGM was more tolerable, but I wasn't very fond of it either. I'm pretty sure I only bothered with them because of how difficult it was to track down GameFan (you couldn't buy it in my hometown). I found almost all magazines that covered Playstation before the early "100% Unofficial" era of PSM to be pretty terrible. I was only reading Nintendo Power in the pre-Playstation days.

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    I hated GamePro, but read it as a kid/teen anyway. EGM was more tolerable, but I wasn't very fond of it either. I'm pretty sure I only bothered with them because of how difficult it was to track down GameFan (you couldn't buy it in my hometown). I found almost all magazines that covered Playstation before the early "100% Unofficial" era of PSM to be pretty terrible. I was only reading Nintendo Power in the pre-Playstation days.
    agreed with a lot of that! i got lucky and found a grocery store nearby that'd have Gamefan from time to time, but i was big on Game Players for years (followed some of the staff to PSM). EGM wasn't great, but they broke big news sometimes, and when Next Generation showed up, i was all over it as well.

Gamepro actually turned things around towards the end, but it was far too late...still, the late 80s/early 90s Gamepro im admittedly fond of, because i was a kid & wasn't yet reading much else.

agreed with a lot of that! i got lucky and found a grocery store nearby that'd have Gamefan from time to time, but i was big on Game Players for years (followed some of the staff to PSM). EGM wasn't great, but they broke big news sometimes, and when Next Generation showed up, i was all over it as well.
    I've never seen an issue of Game Players. It was possibly too obscure/didn't have wide enough dustribution to get to a somewhat small Midwest city (I only saw GameFan at places an hour drive or more from where I grew up). I only had a few issues of Next Generation and don't quite remember it too well because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Don't think so. It's hard to even find info on it. Maybe Vic will have more insight here.
    Someone needs to ask him, google tells me jack.

I subscribed to EGM and GI. Tips & Tricks was sh*tty and so was Nintendo Power. Next Generation was decent at best but these days I'm glad to look through any old gaming magazine and remember repeatedly looking at screenshots in anticipation.