Page 133 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

I have Saturn Bomberman without the rear/spine artwork. I've seen just the wraparound for auction once & it went for $40 or $50. Absolutely not going to pay anywhere near that for it. Only reason I have the rest of it is because it came with a used Saturn from a yard sale that cost me $10. I agree, no Bomberman game is worth much at all to me. Never played it as a kid, so no nostalgia attached.

They just aren't all that fun imo unless you are playing with friends.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I would agree Bomberman games are at their best with friends. Saturn Bomberman gets its reputation as the one must own BM game because of its extensive mp options and up to 10 players. Although its really an 8 player game. The 10 player mode only is allowed on 1 tiny map. If you do 8 players everything shows up as normal and you can use all the maps. I will say the few parties I brought SB too with a multitap were a huge hit. And im talking 6 out of the 7 people that I got to play were either girls who didnt know anything about games or people who didnt know what a Saturn was. They all loved it and were able to compete in it. I get some of these people asking me years later if I still own that game. So to me Saturn Bomberman is one of the best party games of the late 90's era. Its right up there with Mario Party and to be honest I prefer SB. Mario Party can either take too long or get too cheap near the end. SB can be played in bursts.... Im guessing that has something to do with its high price these days. Ive been to PAX East and seen groups of people huddled around that version (and then it got stolen sadly). Im not saying its worth $250 that its going for. Heck a fair price for it complete should be $40. Mario Party games are around 40-60 so you should be able to get SB for around that.

I wish I knew a bunch of girls who wanted to play Saturn Bomberman.

I've always thought MP games were teh suxxorz. My favourite mp game is Unreal 04 but of course everyone isn't always into shooting so SSBM is a nice one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I wish I knew a bunch of girls who wanted to play Saturn Bomberman.
    Ha ya it was quite the scene. The one time we just let the 5-6 girls play against each other. It turned competitive. Some smack talk. I couldnt believe it. I remember bringing a Saturn and a bag of controllers to this party thinking no one is going to want anything to do with this. I was wrong.

That being said, if you have SSBM and some controllers, ask ANY friends or family members to play. I literally ask random friends that come over if they want in. Not every day but a couple times a year. Everyone leaves at least mildly entertained

Buckethead I see you have the Albert Odyssey avatar. Fan of the game I take it? I feel like that game has gotten more respect as the years go on. At first it was seen as a bit of a mediocre release but perhaps time has allowed it to fit in more.
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 02-09-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I've always thought MP games were teh suxxorz. My favourite mp game is Unreal 04 but of course everyone isn't always into shooting so SSBM is a nice one as well.
    FPS are how I got heavy into MP. 1999 or whenever Half Life came out. Then Unreal Tournament, the one before your 04, was just great. PC to me was always where the multiplayer scene was and is at its best unless you are looking for a smaller in person experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    FPS are how I got heavy into MP. 1999 or whenever Half Life came out. Then Unreal Tournament, the one before your 04, was just great. PC to me was always where the multiplayer scene was and is at its best unless you are looking for a smaller in person experience.
    I realized my last post was somewhat confusing. When I had MP in caps I meant Mario Party, then in the second instance meant multi-player.

UT03 is the one you are thinking of.

Albert Odyssey is my favorite WD game though I've only played 4 of them so far. It's definitely nothing special in terms of mechanics but the dialogue was entertaining to me, kind of cheesy in places, but unlike any other rpg I've played. The game just charmed me somehow.

Wanted to add that I've actually played 4 and a half WD games, got a ways into the 1st Lunar and missed one of the nudie cards, forget what they call them. Anyhow, it's the one that you have a very short window to get it from under the guy's bed. Lost the will to go on, I really wanted to get them all. I'll start again one day.