Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Wanted to add that I've actually played 4 and a half WD games, got a ways into the 1st Lunar and missed one of the nudie cards, forget what they call them. Anyhow, it's the one that you have a very short window to get it from under the guy's bed. Lost the will to go on, I really wanted to get them all. I'll start again one day.
    Lol, they were called bromides, but I know what you mean. The bromides weren't that big a deal, what you needed to make sure you didn't miss wasy buying the SOAP! If you didn't buy that at a specific place (I think it was the pirate ship) you couldn't see the scenes at the springs/baths.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Albert Odyssey is my favorite WD game though I've only played 4 of them so far. It's definitely nothing special in terms of mechanics but the dialogue was entertaining to me, kind of cheesy in places, but unlike any other rpg I've played. The game just charmed me somehow.
    Curious as to what others you have played. To me AO and Vay were pretty much the worst two (though Vasteel has it's issues as well).
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Wanted to add that I've actually played 4 and a half WD games, got a ways into the 1st Lunar and missed one of the nudie cards, forget what they call them. Anyhow, it's the one that you have a very short window to get it from under the guy's bed. Lost the will to go on, I really wanted to get them all. I'll start again one day.
    No time like the present. Play the Lunar games. PS1 and Sega CD as well.

So far I've played Alundra, Vanguard Bandits, Cadash, Albert Odyssey, & the first half of Lunar.
    A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion...but doesn't. - tom waits

Would love to have the Sega CD Lunars, I'll have to look around, see what they're going for.

Would love to have the Sega CD Lunars, I'll have to look around, see what they're going for.
    For bullsh*t prices. You may as well play through through dubious means first.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead
    So far I've played Alundra, Vanguard Bandits, Cadash, Albert Odyssey, & the first half of Lunar.
    AO is definitely the worst to me of those but personal preference and such. I don't really care for the style of game that AO is anymore so it's one that was less fun for me to go back and play when I did so. Lunar will not disappoint imo.

Popful Mail is great and I recommend it, but costs too much damn money.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom
    For bullsh*t prices.
    Yeah especially Lunar 2 Eternal Blue. I really can't recommend that anyone buy it unless they are going for a WD set.

Yeah just had a look at the sega cd versions of lunar on ebay, somewhere between $100 & $160 each. One particularly charitable bloke by the name of rarebucky will sell you a graded copy for a pittance of $699.99. What a guy.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Pounce on that deal, only $700 for a graded copy!!!!

Yeah just had a look at the sega cd versions of lunar on ebay, somewhere between $100 & $160 each. One particularly charitable bloke by the name of rarebucky will sell you a graded copy for a pittance of $699.99. What a guy.
    I think if you really try, barring miracles you can swing both for a total of $200. Really happy I only have about $110 in mine since I don't care for those versions nearly as much, even if I did have to sacrifice some goats (by which I mean combine two copies and then dump the one then horrific copy) to get a nice copy of Lunar TSS. I can only imagine the perils of collecting a full variant set.

I think all around you are better off just playing the PS1 versions but the SCD versions are definitely worth trying.