Page 34 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Lunar series, but I hate having to unhook systems and hook others up in their place
    with the virtual console, I have access to multiple consoles worth of games all on one machine
    SMS, Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube(soon), Turbografx16, Turbografx CD, Neo Geo and so on
    I really don't mind. Sometimes I just marathon a system for a few months and then put something else in its place. Right now it's PS2 and PSP. The Dreamcast is back in my desk and I'll probably be moving it downstairs soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    It's not just the problem of hooking systems up, space is an issue too
    Not having enough room to store the systems that aren't currently being used is a major problem
    I'm trying to keep as many things as I possibly can but anything that has been sitting in a box for the last couple years isn't a huge thing I'd be interested in keeping
    If the Sega CD, Turbo Duo etc had the box and everything that originally came with it when it came out all those years ago then I'd make sure I keep it but I didn't pay anything for the Turbo Duo, someone tried to trade into Gamestop a few years ago and just left it there so I got it to prevent it from being thrown away
    This is why in my game room (soon), I'll have a rack with my systems and a 450 MHz RGBHV 12x8 matrix switcher and a Trinitron WEGA and a new audio system. No more removing game systems, and I'll have the perfect analog display for analog game systems.

There will also be an HDTV down there for the new stuff, but there's nothing special about that anymore.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 11-12-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    This is why in my game room (soon), I'll have a rack with my systems and a 450 MHz RGBHV 12x8 matrix switcher and a Trinitron WEGA and a new audio system. No more removing game systems, and I'll have the perfect analog display for analog game systems.

There will also be an HDTV down there for the new stuff, but there's nothing special about that anymore.
    Nice; a Crosspoint, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Nice; a Crosspoint, I presume?
    It is indeed. Not that I need the bandwidth since all of my machines will be running in sub-480i modes.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It is indeed. Not that I need the bandwidth since all of my machines will be running in sub-480i modes.
    Unlikely that you'll need to output to 8 displays at once either :P. Are you dealing with audio through a separate matrix or switch or wiring up a bunch of phoenix connectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Unlikely that you'll need to output to 8 displays at once either :P. Are you dealing with audio through a separate matrix or switch or wiring up a bunch of phoenix connectors?
    Probably do audio on a proper receiver. Only reason for the 12x8 is that it is what I have along with an 8x8. I have a little bit of video and automation gear because that's what I do for a living. These parts were just gifts from a friend since he doesn't use analog anymore.

TempestOne

WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Storage space is such an issue for people, huh? I actually love when video game experiences transcend into true life... am I the only one that freaks out with something so simple as inventory in role-playing games? Inventory storage space/organization. LOL I am playing Arc the Lad II, and I love how all the devilish details were thought of, like, the hovering above the item you last used and whatnot. It saves time and prevents you from the dreaded "Ugh, I used number one on the list." Or, however cool-sounding way you're supposed to word that. That happened to me one time because I grip the controller really hard to the point where my thumb's tacked onto the button when I am playing and I was so happy that option was available because the cursor not being in the same place all the time kind of made my mind keep tick-tock'ing. I dunno... This game's really detailed, too.

I might be the only one who does it but I sometimes marathon company games. Like, I am on a Working Designs kick right now. I am on Arc the Lad Collection and I am most likely going to play Growlanser Generations after. LUNAR: Silver Star Harmony might get in the way, though.

Growlanser Generations is fantastic. So much so that I think we got pretty screwed missing out on Growlanser I and a more timely/competent localization of IV. But be warned about something if you're playing on an old model PS2. Growlanser Generations is on blue bottom CDs, not DVD. And most old PS2s start to crap out playing that format even if DVDs still work. I guess it wasn't widely known at the time but it did make playing certain games a pain for a lot of people.

Maybe it was cheaper to publish that game as two CDs as opposed to combining them onto one DVD? All I know is that for a while whenever I wanted to play a game and saw it was a blue bottom disc I'd give a resigned sigh and pull out the screwdriver to go laser fiddlin'.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 11-21-2013 at 09:16 PM.

TempestOne

WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

^ You can just stand your PlayStation 2 upright. Just that alone fixes most technical problems like that, at least it did for me, because I always thought that was the way the PlayStation was supposed to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    ^ You can just stand your PlayStation 2 upright. Just that alone fixes most technical problems like that, at least it did for me, because I always thought that was the way the PlayStation was supposed to play.
    Mine always sat upright but still wore so that cd's don't really work. But I've got plenty of back up now.

I did find that one PS I got used would only work upside down.