Page 41 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    After several years of collecting the Arc the Lad Watches for quite awhile, I recently got my hands on the final one I needed for a complete collection. These were a bonus given out if you preordered Arc the Lad Collection for the PS1, and in total there were 14 different watches made. Vic has shown a picture of the complete set he has in his office a couple times as well.
    wow! that's dedication. congrats

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I did wind up buying the game many times since often folks would sell the game bundled with the watch. I currently have 5 fully complete copies of the game, at one point I had like 7 or 8. I'm keeping 3 of them for variant purposes (memory card boxes and disc colors), but have been slowly getting rid of them. The interesting thing about the watch, is when sold with the game it only seemed to add marginal value. A lot of times I sold the game and got the watch for free or very cheap when all is said and done.
    Well I'm still looking for a set with the monochrome discs if one of your extras is that set I would be interested in it at some point.

That was my experience looking a few years ago, I got the auction with a watch for no more than it would have cost me for just the complete game in good shape.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Thanks everyone

But yeah, I had a hard time finding the monochrome color discs too and actually had to search out an auction with them. All my extra sets are the color ones. I'm trying to sell a bundle of the game and hint guide for $65 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

Is there any difference besides the discs? Do I need the case as well (different SLUS maybe)? Because I really just want those discs and am wondering how complete of a copy I need to get for swapping purposes. There is a disc only set of the chrome discs up right now with an OBO.

Seems like a good price, pretty sure I paid more than that and I got what I would consider a good deal (though my guide was new, jeez I think it's been about 6 years since I got the guide). With the way it's been trending on ebay I don't think you'd have a problem getting that.

As far as I can tell, and according to what game-rave says as well, the only difference is the disc themselves. I got a disc and case set myself and compared the inserts on that to my other copies and couldn't find any differences. I would assume the box and all inserts would be the same across all copies as well. All the other WD PS1 multi-disc sets seemed to be the same way; only disc differences.

That's what I was thinking, but I've never seen the chrome disc set in person so I couldn't be 100% sure. Over the years I've ran into a lot of copies of Arc so I'm guessing the monochrome are more scarce. It's all just luck of what copies you see but for me Vanguard Bandits has been about 3 to 1 (with the white disc being the one you see 3/4 of the time).

What do you think is the weirdest bonus item ever put into a CE set, for the heck of lets include anime as well?

I would say weirdest overall to me is the Najca Blitz tactics box set that came with a pair of panties, Disgaea also did the same thing, but they were part of contest rather than packed in a set.

As more of a gag, I got to give that one to Agarest 1 and 2, mainly 2 for the "inflatable doll".

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    NIS has one or two that I would put on par with WD. Probably their most innovative one was the Neptunia lunch box, and I also like the Jesse Figure Set, and the Disgaea 9 Figurine Set.

Atlus is kind of meh, I appreciate they kind of standardized the first run cd/artbook vita/ds release, but the only standout set they put out to me was Radiou 2 which came numbered and with a doll in a nice set.

But WD really kind of put in things that people wanted, and have even been copied later on. Cloth map, Hardcover manual (I mean the sheer madness of this, its insane in a good way), watches, pendants. My favorite though was arc the lad, because I think it the only ps1 game that has more than 4 discs in a single case, I think 6 in total. Though I still need to get that snazzy pocket watch (meant to ask, Vic do you know which character is the rarest, I probably only get one for now, and would like to try for one of the rarer ones). And then of course there is the granddaddy, the Assassin's Case.

Nice to hear there are some interesting plans in the work.

You know though, the one thing we don't really see are sigs. Other than the DMC 4 LE sets, I can't think of non kickstarter games that were commercially released with a sig by those involved.
    Choko is the most rare. Chongara is also very rare. After that, I'd have to dig out the order spreadsheet to see what the actual quantities were.

Here's the framed set I have of all the watches, so you can see them all...

arc_watches_all.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Choko is the most rare. Chongara is also very rare. After that, I'd have to dig out the order spreadsheet to see what the actual quantities were.

Here's the framed set I have of all the watches, so you can see them all...

arc_watches_all.jpg
    Everytime we talk about this I get pissed at Gamestop.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Holy smokes there are 14 variants? I thought 5 at the most.

Is Choko the 2nd from the left on the very bottom row?

Vic you have to have a really nice gaming collection, I mean clearly you have all the WD stuff, but you also have to some things through some of your connections as well. Envy is great with this one.