Page 43 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

I bought a copy of Lunar Fan Art Edition sealed, and the official Lunar guide, got both signed by you. Looking back now, it was quit a steal as well as I recall.

What cons do you normally attend? I have a bro in LA, who I sent to Anime Expo when Shohei Nikawa (NISA president) was there, and got some stuff signed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I bought a copy of Lunar Fan Art Edition sealed, and the official Lunar guide, got both signed by you. Looking back now, it was quit a steal as well as I recall.

What cons do you normally attend? I have a bro in LA, who I sent to Anime Expo when Shohei Nikawa (NISA president) was there, and got some stuff signed.
    E3 annually. GDC usually. Aside from that, last one I went to was Anime Expo last year. Completely buried this year in work, so I'll probably pass on Anime Expo this year and swap that out for PAX this year. Also might be going to Portland Retro Gaming Expo, but we'll have to see how the workload goes...

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Yea at some point I want to move to Washington State, and if I try to get a house with a basement (cant have those here, it floods), I will just make the entire basement a collection area. This is still years away though.
    We have very similar goals XP

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    E3 annually. GDC usually. Aside from that, last one I went to was Anime Expo last year. Completely buried this year in work, so I'll probably pass on Anime Expo this year and swap that out for PAX this year. Also might be going to Portland Retro Gaming Expo, but we'll have to see how the workload goes...
    PAX East or PAX Prime? And yeah you should really go to Portland, I hear it's much more enjoyable than PAX since PAX is always super crowded.
    Last edited by Aristides; 04-29-2014 at 12:31 PM.

I actually went looking for the PO (when I should have been writing CoH3 stuff) a few days ago. I didn't find it yet, but I DID find the list of magazine and online competitors for the Elemental Gearbolt contest at E3, as well as a listing of where some of the "gift" EGB assassin's cases went.

That's pretty amazing you were able to put together a complete set of Arc watches piecemeal. Huge accomplishment. I *will* find that watch PO eventually, and when I do, I'll post the percentages. I found the invoice that says we made 10,000, but not the breakdown of the order that showed the quantities per type.

This probably should be pruned into the WD storytime thread...
    I am eagerly awaiting that PO

In the meantime, since I was home today with my daughter who is a bit sick, I decided to sneak into my office and pull out all the watches real quick and take a photo.

Here's all of them laid out on the floor. I threw a watermark on because to my knowledge I'm the only one who's put together a full set through hunting in the wild so far.

And here is them all stacked up and tucked away on the PS2 shelf of my Working Designs collection:

I stopped doing that 5 or 6 years ago because people were sending me boxes with 4 or 5 games worth a thousand dollars or more and I didn't want to be responsible if something happened in transit. Also, some people sent me HUGE boxes with like 20-30 game and promo items to sign and it was getting to be a bit much.

That said, if you see me at an event (E3, PAX, Anime Expo, whatever), I will be happy to sign something. The weirdest place this happened was at a drive thru in LA. Someone passing us our order out the window recognized me and asked for an autograph. I was happy to oblige.
    Wow, that is a cool story. Until I read your AMA on Reddit (last week) I had no idea what you looked like, and I've been buying your games since 1994.

How delightful and crazy at the same time T_T

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I am eagerly awaiting that PO

In the meantime, since I was home today with my daughter who is a bit sick, I decided to sneak into my office and pull out all the watches real quick and take a photo.

Here's all of them laid out on the floor. I threw a watermark on because to my knowledge I'm the only one who's put together a full set through hunting in the wild so far.

And here is them all stacked up and tucked away on the PS2 shelf of my Working Designs collection:
    Wow, like I said before, it's pretty impressive you were able to do that one-by-one. Some of those are REALLY rare.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Wow, that is a cool story. Until I read your AMA on Reddit (last week) I had no idea what you looked like, and I've been buying your games since 1994.
    Well, the first time I was ever REALLY photographed was in the "Making of" for the LUNARs and Arc, and that was kind of under protest. The director I hired let me think I was going to stay out of it (as I requested, I'm much better behind the scenes), when all along he knew I had to be in them pretty heavily for narrative. He only broke the news and spend a week convincing me like a week or so before shooting began. Before that, I think there was maybe a couple E3 pictures of me on the web, but that's it.

I remember some interview in EGM where the picture used for Vic was of a young child.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I remember some interview in EGM where the picture used for Vic was of a young child.
    My baby picture. Don't remember the article, but I remember sending them that.