Page 82 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah after 13+ years it's probably unreadable.
    I looked at some of them a few years back, and most of them were still readable, but we will see.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Last edited by segamegax4; 01-29-2016 at 12:38 AM.

what would the cover art for grandia have looked like if you guys published it on the saturn? do you have any concept art?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    It was in that ballpark and, yes, probably not the best situation for a publisher. But it was just unusual for everyone involved.

Speaking of collections, what was the rationale that went into picking the box art? Was it just whatever game was preferred among the staff? Growlanser is interesting because it has a double sided insert but both sides represent Growlanser II while only half of one represents III.
    Ads, box art, everything was pretty much what I decided looked best from what we had available.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I have to wonder what would have been in that shmup pack.
    We had giant signs for it at E3 that I pulled down. Pretty sure it was public knowledge. It was 4 Tecnosoft shooters. Hyper Duel/Thunderforce Gold Pack 1 and Blast Wind/Thunderforce Gold Pack 2. Pretty sure that's the way I had it split. Four games, two skus. And they were really good shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    lunar was you biggest seller right?im enjoying this insight im getting into the games industry
    Yeah, LUNAR:SSSC was our highest selling, at over 250k units, most at full price (very little discounting as you often see on titles after the first few months). LUNAR:EBC was second, then Alundra.

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    so how did it go? what happened? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega#/..._1993-2004.svg sega took quite a nosedive after e3 97.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-75422577.html the NPD had reported the saturn software sales had increased 135% in the first quarter 97 so how did it collapse all at once like that?
    Sabotage from within. Stolar didn't want to be associated with the Saturn, and cleared the decks for "his" Dreamcast using any means at his disposal. It was a dark time for gaming.

ivycrdxesxdvbbvtvt
    Last edited by segamegax4; 08-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We had giant signs for it at E3 that I pulled down. Pretty sure it was public knowledge. It was 4 Tecnosoft shooters. Hyper Duel/Thunderforce Gold Pack 1 and Blast Wind/Thunderforce Gold Pack 2. Pretty sure that's the way I had it split. Four games, two skus. And they were really good shooters.
    It probably was but I was about 10 back then (guessing on the time frame).

That would have been awesome. I've been looking into importing the gold packs recently.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmgI3bpd51o yeah like he knew what he was doing with the dreamcast he always put his foot in his mouth i consider him the supervillian of gaming http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/20/at...game-startups/ he said it himself the first words out of his mouth when he got to sega was "we have to kill saturn" i heard that panzer dragoon saga was the only rpg he ever liked although ive never been able to confirm that i know that yukio futatsugi said that pds could not have had the same quality on the psx in otherwords it could have not been made on any other system but saturn which only makes me love my copy even more i have a much cooler alternate variation cover of pds