Page 88 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Oh, right, I thought that plush was from back in the 90s.

Well, that's pretty poor then if they still haven't got their stuff together.
    If I get around to digging it out, you will all die laughing. It's worse than you can possibly imagine. So bad.

I think ours turned out better than the "official" Japanese tomba plush they got over there. Here's a pic of theirs (the wider one that looks like a baby tomba, to me) and ours, the taller one with the game-specific bracelet on his arm.

tomba-ɦ-.jpgtomba_plush.jpg

This is turning into a WD Storytime post, but here's one of the feedback comparisons from around 1/2 way through the process (plush sample revision 4, I think we finished on 7 or 8) where we show what's right about the current sample, and what's wrong. There are a LOT of details to getting a plush right.

detailed compare-rev 4.jpg

Looking forward to the pics already. ;-)
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Ooh... stealth post edit with pics!

So am I getting this right and did you ask them to simply reproduce the sample on the left "as is", but then they just had their way with it and basically "redesigned" it?

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Ooh... stealth post edit with pics!

So am I getting this right and did you ask them to simply reproduce the sample on the left "as is", but then they just had their way with it and basically "redesigned" it?
    I knew we were close with the one on the left but not done (probably within 2 revisions of done) by the one on the left, but on that one they actually went BACKWARDS from revision to revision. The one on the right was AFTER the one on the left - the newer revision was substantially worse, so I sent them this breaking down what was right/wrong with each version to pull them back toward the correct path, which was much closer on the revision before. Three steps forward, four steps back sometimes in processes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I knew we were close with the one on the left but not done (probably within 2 revisions of done) by the one on the left, but on that one they actually went BACKWARDS from revision to revision. The one on the right was AFTER the one on the left - the newer revision was substantially worse, so I sent them this breaking down what was right/wrong with each version to pull them back toward the correct path, which was much closer on the revision before. Three steps forward, four steps back sometimes in processes like this.
    I'm guessing part of it got "lost in translation" too? From what I've seen of people around me dealing with Chinese sellers, they ask for something and then the Chinese just did something entirely different from what was asked. (also involved custom made goods)

So did you guys actually produce the Tomba plushes en masse, or was this just a prototype thing? I've never seen it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    So did you guys actually produce the Tomba plushes en masse, or was this just a prototype thing? I've never seen it before.
    We made them for Monkeypaw, to help promote the Tomba release on PSN. We still have some so when/if the English Tomba 2 ever gets greenlit for PSN, they'll probably give some more away.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We made them for Monkeypaw, to help promote the Tomba release on PSN. We still have some so when/if the English Tomba 2 ever gets greenlit for PSN, they'll probably give some more away.
    Was there a Gaijinworks tag on them or was it strictly MonkeyPaw branded?

You should do giveaways with goodies like that here.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Vic already gave away a Vita...