Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What untranslated game hurts the most?

Giftpia.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    There are tons of untranslated games, of course. Which one was the biggest disappointment for you? Please limit it to one. It is ok to use one that was translated in later generations, for example Persona 2 Innocent Sin. In fact, my most hurtful is the same situation.

Final Fantasy V hurt the most. I absolutely loved FFIV (known as Final Fantasy II in the US at the time) and it was my first RPG experience really. At the time, there wasn't a whole lot else going on, and as a teen, I had tons of time to play. I was online at the time, and knew all about the game and heard how awesome it was. As weeks and months grew with no announcement, disappointment grew. Finally, when FF6 was announced at FF3, it was a joy to see that it was coming but a complete disappointment that I would never play FFV. I was forced to go back and play older NES and Genesis RPGs to help fill the void.

Of course, I played it years later on the PS1. And while it was a fun, good game... it never really could match what could have been, if I could have been put back in that moment and played it in that timeframe.
    Wait what? FF IV came out in the early early 1990s. Its a little before my time, but how were you online all the time then. That was at best really early days of dial up, and I can't imagine what was available online was much.

Very late in 1992. I first used the internet a little after that but I was too young for me to really remember anything about it now. I didn't really start using the internet much until 1998 and by then it was in full swing.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I have to echo the Shining Force III parts. Next after that would we Far East of Eden Ziria for 360 by WD.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Well, technically Part 2 and 3 have english unofficial translations, but you need the original Japanese discs to run the file.

Also, there was an unofficial translation for FFV that I played back in middle school, around 1997/1998 so there were options close to that era.

I agree with Sakura Taisen for sure but the one that haunts me is Growlanser 1, I know there is a guide but I am not 14 anymore and dont care to print out 300 pages of crap. If it had a patch that would be cool but a localization would be ideal. Too bad Atlus doesnt do it any justice.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Wait what? FF IV came out in the early early 1990s. Its a little before my time, but how were you online all the time then. That was at best really early days of dial up, and I can't imagine what was available online was much.
    Prodigy.. old dialup service before AOL got popular.. message boards there were the best way to talk to likeminded gamers sometimes. That and fanzines!

Honestly, no game that eventually saw a fan translation bothers me any more. It's the games that don't have any way to play them in a language I can understand that make me sad. That's why I chose Giftpia.

Also, I didn't really much care for Shining Force III at the time so didn't mind missing the other two parts. I don't know why, it just didn't click with me when I played it in the way Shining Force 1 and 2 did.

Clock Tower is one that got skipped over completely

My avatar says it all; Far East of Eden The 4th Apocalypse

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast