Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etrian Mystery Dungeon coming to NA (Spring 2015)

Etrian Mystery Dungeon coming to NA (Spring 2015)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...r-the-americas

Anybody here EO fans ? i've never played the Mystery Dungeon games, but this looks like a EO game with an overhead view.

Seems pretty interesting.

Mystery Dungeon games have a certain style to them : truly randomized (though as a result, generally rather simple) dungeons, brutally simple systems, you usually are very limited in what you can take into a dungeon, and usually go in as a level 1 each time, having to build your level up each visit.

The change from a first person, step-based dungeon crawler to a 3rd person angled (or top down) view dungeon crawler is not a hard one to make. It will be interesting to see how EO takes to the style. Although it could be good, or bad, I have a sneaking suspicion in the end I'll be wishing they'd spent the time and effort making EO5 rather than EMD.

I'm just interested in how the game is going to play out, the pictures of the game look pretty cool.

Oh and etrian odyssey 5 is being made, heres a trailer for it if you wanna check it out..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...teaser-trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    I'm just interested in how the game is going to play out, the pictures of the game look pretty cool.

Oh and etrian odyssey 5 is being made, heres a trailer for it if you wanna check it out..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...teaser-trailer
    Etrian Odyssey 1 to 5
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 and 2
    Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon

Feels like they´re really milking the franchise at this point. Sure, all of these games might be interesting and/or great. But much like the Persona series, it feels like they´re thinking "Hey, this seems to work, now let´s put out as much games with this name on it as we can and grab as much cash while it´s hot." We´re getting annual Etrian Odyssey releases almost, much like Assassin´s Creed or FIFA...

What will be next? A fighting game? A kart racing game?

Eh .. you may have a point with the two remakes (the Etrian Odyssey Untold pair) if they were not different enough from the originals to pretty much classify more as a retelling than a remake. At least, the first one was, I'll have to wait for the second one to be released here in the States to know if my assumption (that they're similar in that regard) holds true for the second one.

An adventure game seems more realistic than a fighter or racing game or fps though, if you want to talk about genre-changing spinoffs. They're doing the third person dungeon crawl already :P

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Etrian Odyssey 1 to 5
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 and 2
    Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon

Feels like they´re really milking the franchise at this point. Sure, all of these games might be interesting and/or great. But much like the Persona series, it feels like they´re thinking "Hey, this seems to work, now let´s put out as much games with this name on it as we can and grab as much cash while it´s hot." We´re getting annual Etrian Odyssey releases almost, much like Assassin´s Creed or FIFA...

What will be next? A fighting game? A kart racing game?
    Yeah i agree with you there, not to mention Persona Q just came out too.. Hopefully they tone done the releases every year, i think the I & II remakes were pretty pointless, i'm more interested in this game then EO V personally.

When has Japan not milked something? It just makes sense as long as something is selling.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

While there have been a ton of Etrian games lately, and it has seemed like the most active franchise (that we see here at least), it still doesn't bother me too much. One a year works for me if done right.

Atelier is basically on the one game a year plan at this point as well and I think they are turning out fine.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Oh so they confirmed they are releasing the crossover, i heard it was iffy due to the lack of popularity for mystery dungeon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast