Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any game(s) you sold that you regret later in life? Ever re-buy them?

Unhappy Any game(s) you sold that you regret later in life? Ever re-buy them?

I haven't sold a lot of my games, mainly a few of them to pay a car bill. That was disastrous.

I sold Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Edition (later rebought)
    Suikoden PS1 (this is the one I mainly regret)
    Valkyrie Profile PS1 (not a huge deal, got the PSP version instead)
    Castlevania Chronicles (didn't really like it)

Got rid of Revelations Persona PS1 (bought again)
    Got rid of Dragon Quest 8 (bought again)
    Got rid of Legaia 2 Duel Saga (bought again)
    Got rid of Wild Arms 3 (bought again)
    Got rid of Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth PS1 (bought again)
    Got rid of Xenogears (bought again)
    Got rid of Legend of Dragoon (bought again)

Medieval Madness. Rebought twice. Probably will rebuy again.

Alundra.... a mate was throwing out his old PSX games and I grabbed them and figured I'd just chuck em on ebay and make some quick money.. Didn't research it or pay any attention... Was in good condition (with the fold out map thingy) and I think it made me $15... woops.....

I mean.. sure, I have a digital copy now.. but still... not the brightest move...

When I was a kid I didn't have very many games and wasn't really allowed to buy any more (even if I were to sell them) so I luckily didn't make any stupid sells... That, and I guess there would of been no place to sell/trade them anyway, since I either lived in the boonies or a very small town most of my life lol

However, I think my mom might of sold some of my old PC games since I can't find them anywhere (either that or they're lost in some box somewhere...) If I don't find them, I probably will buy them again at some point (if I can figure out what they were called DX)

I traded in Rhapsody, and Valkerie Profile both towards my PS2. Have not rebought either on ps1 yet, but I have bought the handheld ports. Only games I have willingly parted with. Breath of Fire II for snes and Dragon force and Magic Knight rayearth were stolen if that counts.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    My entire original NES system and game collection, which I've had to rebuild over the years, including:

Dragon Warrior III. Mint, in the box. But I guess I got my fair play out of it. Someone is probably selling it on Ebay now for $100.
    Megaman III: Mint in box.
    Legend of Zelda: Gold, mint in box.

The collection is building up, but none of the replacements are boxed. Too expensive.

My TurboGrafx 16, which I regretted for years. I repurchased one later with a CD-ROM drive. I managed to score a TG16, brand new, in the box (unopened), as well, as well as a Turbo Express (which I've played quite a bit though).

By the end of the SNES era, I recognized that I should hold onto my games because I'd want to play them some day. Now I'm a bit of a collector (not nearly as many games as some people) and want to give my retro game collection to my son. Who knows... He may not even like video games. He's a pretty active kid.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Medieval Madness. Rebought twice. Probably will rebuy again.
    That game was awesome. We had one in a pizzeria in my neighborhood in the '90s. I'd just like to have a pinball machine some day.

It's interesting that we will have an entire generation of gamers that probably will never play pinball.

Sold? No. Lost? Many. I have no idea where my NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, or Saturn games are. I never sold them. They are probably in a box in the basement somewhere I hope. But I really don't know. I found Robotrek (SNES) when cleaning one day so there is hope.

I gave away a fairly big portion of my PS1 and PS2 games, I don't regret that even though some hold some value... I usually don't replay games so they don't hold much value to me. Since I consolidated my DVD collection, I've had extra DVD racks available and begun storing games on there. They do look nice on there so I will probably keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    That game was awesome. We had one in a pizzeria in my neighborhood in the '90s. I'd just like to have a pinball machine some day.

It's interesting that we will have an entire generation of gamers that probably will never play pinball.
    Pinball is amazing. I would love to own one but they retain or in a lot of cases gain value and its tough paying 1000+ for a pinball machine especially when at that price in my area, they need some work.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast