Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any game(s) you sold that you regret later in life? Ever re-buy them?

Not sold and regretted. But in my youth, my brothers and myself were not great at taking care of games, so we'd change discs and just leave games sit out on tables or whatever. We've lost many a good game to poor handling. The highlights of such poor handling would be:

Megaman X (SNES) (Have other iterations of it)
    Digimon World (PS1) (Still looking to acquire another)
    Digimon World 2 (PS1) (Recently acquired anew )
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1) (Still sorta works, but not consistently )
    Finall Fantasy VII (PS1) (Have acquired a few copies since then)

Medieval Madness is a great pinball game, plus it has Tina Fey for one of the voices, haha. I also like Addams Family pinball, but don't own any. Yet.

I... have always been a little too sentimental when it comes to my games, so it's been pretty rare that I've ever sold anything. I sold Fantasia and Ecco the Dolphin for Genesis back in the day. I re-bought Ecco at one point, but I don't remember if I still have it or if I sold it again. I want to make sure I have both games at some point, just for childhood memory-completeness.

I lost Bubble Bobble for Gameboy on a family vacation, which I'm still sad about. I got more fun out of that game... Plus, I guessed the code for level 99 or 100 or something: KZBD.

That aside, my collection is pretty much complete from growing up and picking things up on my own, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAdonisVyers View Post
    Not sold and regretted. But in my youth, my brothers and myself were not great at taking care of games, so we'd change discs and just leave games sit out on tables or whatever. We've lost many a good game to poor handling.
    Oooh, that happened to me a few times.

My European copy of Rez for Dreamcast got scratched; can't start a new game on it. (But if you load a save past Zone 1 it works. ) Bought a second copy.
    Shenmue for Dreamcast had a problem with one of the discs, too. Bought a second copy.
    Xenogears for PS1, disc 1 wore through the top; it freezes during one of the intro scenes.
    FF9 for PS1, same deal: Can't make it past the first cutscene.

Haven't rebought Xenogears or FF9 yet, except on PSN, but I want the discs again. Xenogears is one of my all-time favorites, so that especially hurt when I found out.

No. I have not sold any of my games so far.

I'm pretty sentimental and unwilling to let something go if the chance I'll play it again is greater than zero, so most of my and my brother's collection has survived. The only game I've rebought after being sold was Mario 64, which my brother sold along with his N64 when all the RPGs materialized on the PS1 instead. At the end of the N64's life, I picked the system up for cheap along with select titles like Ogre Battle 64, Mischief Makers, OoT and MM. I've bought a second copy of EarthBound for the save slots and new copy of the strategy guide, then replaced a couple of games like Symphony of the Night that I loaned out and never got back, a couple of games that got lost like Super Metroid, and Lunar TSS because listening to it in a cheap portable CD player eventually scratched it to the point the Sega CD would no longer boot it.
    "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." — Grimsley, Pokémon Black/White 2

I had a pristine Monster Bash pinball I sold back in 2006 that I miss. *Looks on ebay* guess I won't be re buying that one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    I had a pristine Monster Bash pinball I sold back in 2006 that I miss. *Looks on ebay* guess I won't be re buying that one anytime soon.
    Don't worry about that one too much. Once you spend enough time with it to beat it, it's one trick is over. Kinda like that for Theatre of Magic. Way too easy to beat it, and then the desire to play it wanes.

I've never become tired of Medieval Madness or Lord of the Rings pins. The Shadow is also a favorite of mine, and it can be had for $1500ish. LoR isn't terrible at $3k-ish. It's the Medieval Madness machine that has had its prices go insane. A blown out total fixer can go for 5k easy. A nice one for 10k+. Insanity.

I hate to say it, but roughly 1/4 of my PS2, nearly all of my PS1, GC, some of the PSP and DS games, and all the GBA games I own are basically re-buys. About the only old game I've never had to re-purchase (thank goodness!) is Mega Man Legends 2. It has survived from my original collection to this one, through 3-4 moves to get where it's at now.

Of course, I still want to get Misadventures of Tron Bonne. But I'm not forking out a quarter of a paycheck to get that one. -_-

However, I do regret selling Shining Force 2: The Sword of Hajya, for the Game Gear. I really do miss the game, and although they're fairly cheap online, getting a fully-working Game Gear isn't quite so easy. Not to mention the battery life (lack-thereof) of that thing sucks horribly. And I do not have the technical hardware expertise to try and figure out how to either install a rechargeable battery pack in the battery cases, alter the screen so that it has LED lighting (I hear doing so basically doubles the battery life!), or anything like that. So, I don't buy it.

I also regret losing Dragon Force and Shining Force episode 3 when I had to move outta Utah way back when. I know better than to try and get back to those games these days.

You can try Shining Force CD on Sega CD. It's a remake of the Shining Force Gaiden games on Game Gear.

I sold my copy of Terranigma for Ł60. I was out of money at the time and reasoned it to myself that I didn't need a hard copy anymore, it ran perfectly well on the PSP.

It is my all time favourite game though and I do miss it a lot. Doubt I'd ever go out of my way to rebuy it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast