Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Any game(s) you sold that you regret later in life? Ever re-buy them?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Don't worry about that one too much. Once you spend enough time with it to beat it, it's one trick is over. Kinda like that for Theatre of Magic. Way too easy to beat it, and then the desire to play it wanes.

    I've never become tired of Medieval Madness or Lord of the Rings pins. The Shadow is also a favorite of mine, and it can be had for $1500ish. LoR isn't terrible at $3k-ish. It's the Medieval Madness machine that has had its prices go insane. A blown out total fixer can go for 5k easy. A nice one for 10k+. Insanity.
    Agreed, I sold it because it was getting to the point where I could go through every mode every game I played. It's almost like the shots were designed TOO well with a huge margin for error. Had a Simpsons Pinball Party that I really liked too, enough that I bought it NIB. I wouldn't mind having that one back sometime and only managed to finish the final mode once. I never got the chance to play The Shadow. Pins are getting really hard to come by up here and aside from the newer STERN stuff there isn't much out there on location.

    I haven't seen a Medieval Madness in years. Always was one of my favorites and by the time I could afford pins they were already 6K for a decent one. Fortunately I still have a Tales From The Crypt that I bought for a steal. Never going to sell that one.

  2. #22
    Senior Member INKU4884's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Tabarnak of Quebec
    Posts
    940
    I, or my family have sold two consoles. First the Genesis and later the PS1 and I have always regretted that even if it wasn't my choice completely. The family replaced old gens of consoles with new ones. I'm incredibly happy that I managed to keep my PS1 RPGs because I knew they were worth something back then and they would be incredibly expensive to buy back right now.

    I have started rebuying the games I care about but I'm still far from where I was once with those two consoles. I learned never to sell a console or games I care about from that at least.

  3. #23
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    months before the PS1 came out, Electronics Botique had a trade in program. Trade in 10 SNES/Gen games = $100 towards a Playstation.

    I traded in 10 SNES games. Games that included Contra III, Gradius III, Zelda: Link to the Past, Final Fantasy III, Super Metroid, and at least 1 or 2 others I regret letting go of that escape me at the moment...

    If I had access to a time machine, I'd travel back in time, punch my younger self in the nuts, and steal them all back.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    920
    too many, such as Magic Pengel.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up Above, Down Below
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    months before the PS1 came out, Electronics Botique had a trade in program. Trade in 10 SNES/Gen games = $100 towards a Playstation.

    I traded in 10 SNES games. Games that included Contra III, Gradius III, Zelda: Link to the Past, Final Fantasy III, Super Metroid, and at least 1 or 2 others I regret letting go of that escape me at the moment...

    If I had access to a time machine, I'd travel back in time, punch my younger self in the nuts, and steal them all back.
    If I had access to a time machine I'd go to the mid 90s and rob stores in the middle of the night for games and systems that would be worth a fortune today
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 05-20-2013 at 12:17 AM.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Suikoden PS1 (this is the one I mainly regret)
    OUCH! X_X

    Those games are worth so much now on EBay its not funny.... even more so if you have the EU version which kept the awesome Jp cover (love my EU version xD) as opposed to "westernised" cover from the US ones. And bothe are actually fairly rare xD

    I'm a huge collector ever since I started so I still have all my games (yes even the terrible ones xD). So I've never had this issue xD

  7. #27
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    If I had access to a time machine I'd go to the mid 90s and rob stores in the middle of the night for games and systems that would be worth a fortune today
    too true too true. It would be like the gun store part of Terminator rattling off a list of games instead of guns. "how many will it be pal?" ALL "hey you can't do that!" WRONG

    that's also part of the problem of the trade in. They were all complete box maps instructions, everything. If I waited FF III would've easily gotten me enough cash to buy a PS on its own. To top everything off, the first runs of PS1s were junk where something in the laser component warped and the systems had a harder time reading/loading discs until they basically couldn't anymore.

    I managed to rebuy most of what I sold, but some of 'em aren't in the greatest condition.

    edit: come to think of it I actually sold Suikoden 1 as well. how could I part with that amazing box art?
    Last edited by sweetsweetfugu; 05-20-2013 at 01:20 AM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up Above, Down Below
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    too true too true. It would be like the gun store part of Terminator rattling off a list of games instead of guns. "how many will it be pal?" ALL "hey you can't do that!" WRONG

    that's also part of the problem of the trade in. They were all complete box maps instructions, everything. If I waited FF III would've easily gotten me enough cash to buy a PS on its own. To top everything off, the first runs of PS1s were junk where something in the laser component warped and the systems had a harder time reading/loading discs until they basically couldn't anymore.

    I managed to rebuy most of what I sold, but some of 'em aren't in the greatest condition.

    edit: come to think of it I actually sold Suikoden 1 as well. how could I part with that amazing box art?
    I had a few rare games but they were stolen a few years back

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    If I had access to a time machine I'd go to the mid 90s and rob stores in the middle of the night for games and systems that would be worth a fortune today
    I've heard a lot about the massive overcharging of video games that originate from that time period, including Earthbound especially. I've also heard that Ebay is the best place to be to find people willing to spend a lot of cash for a not so rare video game.

    As for me:

    I remember constantly trading in loads of video games and a few consoles to keep the cycle going. I might've traded 30 or so of them for a used cartridge of Chrono Trigger back in the late 90s-early 2000s. Do I regret treating these things as my own version of currency? I wish that I could've kept some of my old PS1 games, and possibly stuck with a few of my Gamecube games. My Gamecube might've had irrecoverable problems, and the games could've worked on another one but I just discarded all of them. I remember making a lot of progress on Super Mario Sunshine and now I'll have to do it all over again. It doesn't bother me too much, though.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up Above, Down Below
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    I've heard a lot about the massive overcharging of video games that originate from that time period, including Earthbound especially. I've also heard that Ebay is the best place to be to find people willing to spend a lot of cash for a not so rare video game.

    As for me:

    I remember constantly trading in loads of video games and a few consoles to keep the cycle going. I might've traded 30 or so of them for a used cartridge of Chrono Trigger back in the late 90s-early 2000s. Do I regret treating these things as my own version of currency? I wish that I could've kept some of my old PS1 games, and possibly stuck with a few of my Gamecube games. My Gamecube might've had irrecoverable problems, and the games could've worked on another one but I just discarded all of them. I remember making a lot of progress on Super Mario Sunshine and now I'll have to do it all over again. It doesn't bother me too much, though.
    I've hated myself for the past 7 years for getting rid of my gamecube, but that's the least of my problems, I had copies of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, PSO ep1/2 and PSO ep1/2 plus which would cost an arm and a leg to rebuy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •