Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any game(s) you sold that you regret later in life? Ever re-buy them?

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:40 PM.

You should play it on hard, get the best ending (if you didn't), recruit everybody post-game and max out the seraphic gate. Gives you a lot more mileage out of the game.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

The only one I really ever outright regretted was trading my Vectrex, mint in box, with 6 or 8 games, also mint in box, and an extra controller for a refrigerator shortly after I moved out on my own. Couldn't really do much different even if I told my younger, dumber self it was a mistake because I was pretty broke at the time, and my fridge died. Aside from my car, the Vectrex was the most valuable thing I had at the time.

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    The only one I really ever outright regretted was trading my Vectrex, mint in box, with 6 or 8 games, also mint in box, and an extra controller for a refrigerator shortly after I moved out on my own. Couldn't really do much different even if I told my younger, dumber self it was a mistake because I was pretty broke at the time, and my fridge died. Aside from my car, the Vectrex was the most valuable thing I had at the time.
    There is nothing like a vector machine and I'd love to have a Vectrex some day. It's an incredible piece of gaming history.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    There is nothing like a vector machine and I'd love to have a Vectrex some day. It's an incredible piece of gaming history.
    They're so iffy to buy online though, all it takes is the seller packaging it poorly and you're likely to be stuck with a doorstop instead of a game system. I got a nice deal on one but when it arrived it was boned, probably because I got free shipping on it and they saw their margins getting eaten away on the shipping. Thankfully it was ebay so I was able to get my money back, but after that I've decided the only way I'd buy a Vectrex is if I find one locally.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    They're so iffy to buy online though, all it takes is the seller packaging it poorly and you're likely to be stuck with a doorstop instead of a game system. I got a nice deal on one but when it arrived it was boned, probably because I got free shipping on it and they saw their margins getting eaten away on the shipping. Thankfully it was ebay so I was able to get my money back, but after that I've decided the only way I'd buy a Vectrex is if I find one locally.
    Was the screen cracked? Did you have to return it? Might be able to fix it.

The screen wasn't cracked, but I'm pretty sure it was like a cracked solder joint or loose IC or something that happened during shipping. Maybe the yolk for the CRT was out of alignment or something because I couldn't get a picture, just a dot. I asked the seller if they were willing to do a partial credit and I could get it fixed by someone but they didn't want to do that so it was shipped back to them for a full credit. Suffice to say, it was packed back up in the same box they shipped it to me in when it was returned.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456