Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 341

Thread: Alcohol Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308

    Alcohol Thread

    That discussion seemed out of place in the collection thread.

    Beer is for weenies etc...:P
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    What would you say is the best Belgian trappist beer wiley?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    What would you say is the best Belgian trappist beer wiley?
    According to all kinds of international beer competitions that would be Westvleteren 12.
    I personally havenīt tasted all 6(*) of them myself. So I wouldnīt know. The ones Iīve tasted were all really nice, but very different taste wise.

    (*) There are 6 Trappist breweries in Belgium, also one in the Netherlands. Trappist beers can only be brewed within a Trappist monastery (Trappists are an order of Roman Catholic monks.), itīs a copyrighted label. The 6 are Westmalle, Westvleteren, Rochefort, Orval, Chimay and Achel. Each brewery has a couple of beers they produce, I think.

    Anyway, as a non-lover of beer, what would you say would be your favourite alcoholic beverages?
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 12-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,450
    I'm normally a whisky drinker myself, but like a nice gin martini every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  5. #5
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    That discussion seemed out of place in the collection thread.

    Beer is for weenies etc...:P
    Some people collect beer. The thread doesn't explicitly say "Post pictures of your games."

    You can go back to drinking your cosmopolitans now. ;P

  6. #6
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    According to all kinds of international beer competitions that would be Westvleteren 12.
    I personally havenīt tasted all 6(*) of them myself. So I wouldnīt know. The ones Iīve tasted were all really nice, but very different taste wise.

    (*) There are 6 Trappist breweries in Belgium, also one in the Netherlands. Trappist beers can only be brewed within a Trappist monastery (Trappists are an order of Roman Catholic monks.), itīs a copyrighted label. The 6 are Westmalle, Westvleteren, Rochefort, Orval, Chimay and Achel. Each brewery has a couple of beers they produce, I think.

    Anyway, as a non-lover of beer, what would you say would be your favourite alcoholic beverages?


    My favourite thing to drink. :P

    But seriously, Jager.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post

    My favourite thing to drink. :P

    But seriously, Jager.
    For a moment I thought: wha... North American tea, there is no such thing, but then I saw itīs Japanese import.

    I got quite a lot of tea myself here, and even European tea! Yes, you read that correctly, there is one place in Europe* where tea leafs are cultivated. And itīs really good tea too.







    * Itīs the Azores, overseas territory of Portugal.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yamasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    1,040
    Beers where it's at xD

    Do they add extra water to American beer ? i swear it always tastes watered down compared to Canadian beer, mabye it's just me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    Beers where it's at xD

    Do they add extra water to American beer ? i swear it always tastes watered down compared to Canadian beer, mabye it's just me.
    Most typical Canadian lager isn't much different than USA's, unless you are talking about Unibroue.

    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/unibrou...pistoles/1926/ <-awesome

  10. #10
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    Beers where it's at xD

    Do they add extra water to American beer ? i swear it always tastes watered down compared to Canadian beer, mabye it's just me.
    I think it depends on the beer you are drinking in either country
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •