Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Square Trolls again releasing a port of the pc version of FF7 on the ps4.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this port will have trophies, I'm going to buy it regardless anyway just to have it on my download list

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I honestly don't think that they are up to the task of making good games in-house anymore, and wouldn't really trust them with a remake of anything from the PS1 or later.
    From what I've heard they have an extremely high turnover rate of employees these days too (and have for some time now), due to working anyone new right into the ground.
    If you are always driving away any new talent, of course you're going to become stagnant as a studio.

I think part of the problem of everyone clamoring for a remake of this game, is that it will inevitably be a disappointment. There is no way the game could live up to such high expectations. Better to leave nostalgia as just that.

I don't mind the port, but I'm not sure I will be a buyer.

Eh, I'll defend Kingdom Hearts HD and FFX HD because they are upgrades, some things tweaked (not always for the better, like FFX music), good games that new gamers should get to enjoy (last amazing FF game was X), and most importantly Final Mix / International versions that we never got here in NA before, so they had new content to me. The CE versions on the other hand were over priced and pretty much a rip off, imo. Base games at $40 (for 2 or 2.5 games) is good, and they go on sale constantly if you wait a month.

However, I will not defend this release of FF7. Port of the PC version? Which a friend got back in the day, and it never ran well. Either way it's lazy and adds nothing new to FF7. In fact, you can put your FF7 PS1 discs into a PS2 or PS3 and it will run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaganthi View Post
    In fact, you can put your FF7 PS1 discs into a PS2 or PS3 and it will run.
    Precisely why I am NOT going to get this re-re-re-release.

I am starting to wonder what it will take for an actual remake to happen. At some point those of us waiting will stop to care, its kind of like the Halo movie. There is only a window open so long, until everyone moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com /new...-spring/.81858

So instead of an actually remake we get crap like FF 13, a bunch of rereleases of KH 1, 2, and FF X, and now a port of a decade old game.
    Decade old game? The game is pushing close to 18 years now, that's closer to two decades.

Speaking from the standpoint of somone who's way past losing faith in Square: this is hilarious in a somewhat painful sort of way. What a troll move.

Was there any mention if the Perfect Guide will be included in this release?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaganthi View Post
    Eh, I'll defend Kingdom Hearts HD and FFX HD because they are upgrades, some things tweaked (not always for the better, like FFX music), good games that new gamers should get to enjoy (last amazing FF game was X), and most importantly Final Mix / International versions that we never got here in NA before, so they had new content to me. The CE versions on the other hand were over priced and pretty much a rip off, imo. Base games at $40 (for 2 or 2.5 games) is good, and they go on sale constantly if you wait a month.

However, I will not defend this release of FF7. Port of the PC version? Which a friend got back in the day, and it never ran well. Either way it's lazy and adds nothing new to FF7. In fact, you can put your FF7 PS1 discs into a PS2 or PS3 and it will run.
    The Kingdom Hearts and FFX HD's need absolutely no defending anyway. It has been commonplace across gaming in general for the past few years to re-release PS2 game collections. Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Hitman, so many more that I cannot name. Square has every right to get a piece of that action. Furthermore, they took the games, and as you said- actually gave them good bonuses (international versions, graphics, etc) that other collections haven't. I'm sure it took relatively little time to put them together, so anyone worried that their focus is on the wrong things is misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    The Kingdom Hearts and FFX HD's need absolutely no defending anyway. Furthermore, they took the games, and as you said- actually gave them good bonuses (international versions, graphics, etc) that other collections haven't.
    In FFXs case it would have been nice if they had avoided some of said 'bonuses'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast