Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Wikipedia

  1. #1

    Wikipedia

    Is anyone here good at making Wikipedia pages? I was thinking COH2G could probably use its own Wikipedia page, tried to make it, got a headache, decided to post here instead. I think it will give the game some more presence before the PSN launch. It would also be fun to see people who are knowledgeable with all the variants and stuff put those up there. Also nice to get it out there for those who don't really come to gaming sites like we do. Anyways, if it is a stupid idea, I apologize... just trying to be helpful here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Is anyone here good at making Wikipedia pages? I was thinking COH2G could probably use its own Wikipedia page, tried to make it, got a headache, decided to post here instead. I think it will give the game some more presence before the PSN launch. It would also be fun to see people who are knowledgeable with all the variants and stuff put those up there. Also nice to get it out there for those who don't really come to gaming sites like we do. Anyways, if it is a stupid idea, I apologize... just trying to be helpful here.
    I don't think it's stupid at all, in fact I thought it had one already. It's a great idea, though in my case I never worked with Wikipedia either lol.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I don't think it's stupid at all, in fact I thought it had one already. It's a great idea, though in my case I never worked with Wikipedia either lol.
    Yeah there isn't. The whole series is currently hammed into the page for the first game...
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  4. #4
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,509
    Do you have content written for it? That is the most difficult part.

    Otherwise, I am able to post it. I just don't have the time to write it.

  5. #5
    I don't have anything written. I could possibly if nobody else is interested. I wasn't able to lay down on the physical version at the time, so I don't even have the game yet. I'm probably not the best to write about it, but I can give it a crack. Can you just post it as a stub and the community here can expand it?

  6. #6
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,224
    Not just 2G, but the first one, and Gaijinworks page all included as well.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Shame there are only Japanese and English language Wikipages for the Class of Heroes series.

    Arenīt there any Spanish speakers on here?

    I could do a Wikipage in my mother tongue, but none of these games were ever released out here so Iīm guessing demand for such a page is low. :-)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Shame there are only Japanese and English language Wikipages for the Class of Heroes series.

    Arenīt there any Spanish speakers on here?

    I could do a Wikipage in my mother tongue, but none of these games were ever released out here so Iīm guessing demand for such a page is low. :-)

    I'm a spanish speaker and I have made some wikipedia pages before, so I can help with that. The problem is to find the spare time to actually do it .

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Shame there are only Japanese and English language Wikipages for the Class of Heroes series.

    Arenīt there any Spanish speakers on here?

    I could do a Wikipage in my mother tongue, but none of these games were ever released out here so Iīm guessing demand for such a page is low. :-)
    I'm a native Spanish speaker too though my country consumes most of it's media in English (generally speaking) usually subbed in Spanish depending on the media in question. Is there a demand for Spanish articles on this? Not really aware on how this rolls on other Spanish speaking countries.

  10. #10
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I'm a native Spanish speaker too though my country consumes most of it's media in English (generally speaking) usually subbed in Spanish depending on the media in question. Is there a demand for Spanish articles on this? Not really aware on how this rolls on other Spanish speaking countries.
    I was just thinking that the series was mainly published in (Japan,) North America, and Central and South America to a lesser extent, so thatīs the current market, right? I then looked at which languages are spoken in the region:
    - English (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guyana, and some smaller islands)
    - Spanish: spoken quite a bit in US too, Puerto Rico and ofcourse large parts of Central America and South America
    - Portuguese: Brazil
    - French: Quebec, (French) Guiana, Haiti, Martinique
    - Dutch: Suriname, Aruba

    (May be missing some still)

    So there may be quite a bit of people who wouldnīt mind reading up on the games in their mother tongue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •