Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wikipedia

Well other languages can't hurt.

Ok, so I just went ahead and got started. This is a draft and not officially published yet. You guys can jump on and add/edit/enhance whatever you'd like. I just started as a guideline. Here is a list of what I need the most:

• Pictures! A few screen shots and a box shot would be awesome and make it prettier (needs to be user created not from websites unless permissed)

• I didn't know how to word the introduction in regards to Monkeypaw and Gaijinworks, and didn't want to get that wrong, along with the Japanese companies behind the game.

• I don't know much about the variants so that section needs more

• The plot could definitely use some sprucing
    • Cited reviews would be nice

When we think it is ready I can put it up for good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:D...s_of_Heroes_2G

Good work!

I think youīll need more citations and references though, otherwise it will never make it through the review phase. E.g. if you say itīs one of the more rare PS3 titles, I think theyīre expecting a link to a list of rarest games or something. Provided such a list even exists and if itīs from a reliable source (and Vic is probably not regarded as a reliable source even though he knows the actual numbers; heīs just not a neutral party in this matter). Just stating that itīs one of the more rare ones is likely not going to be approved. Just my two cents.

And yes, I realize this is going to be hard to achieve.

Looks like a good start. I'm not familiar with wikipedia editing. Not sure I can help much with it. I still haven't played much of CoH2/G either.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Good work!

I think youīll need more citations and references though, otherwise it will never make it through the review phase. E.g. if you say itīs one of the more rare PS3 titles, I think theyīre expecting a link to a list of rarest games or something. Provided such a list even exists and if itīs from a reliable source (and Vic is probably not regarded as a reliable source even though he knows the actual numbers; heīs just not a neutral party in this matter). Just stating that itīs one of the more rare ones is likely not going to be approved. Just my two cents.

And yes, I realize this is going to be hard to achieve.
    I agree with you about the rarity and was questioning that line myself. My plan was to find some more sources backing me up. If I can't find a source for certain info, I might be just remove it. My plan was to just get a rough outline, and add in what sources I can find later and massage whatever lines need to be massaged

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Looks like a good start. I'm not familiar with wikipedia editing. Not sure I can help much with it. I still haven't played much of CoH2/G either.

If you have anything to add, I can always add it in. It's pretty basic but if you get on there and can't figure it out, let me know and i can add it in. I guess. I am new at this too!

I created the spanish page for the first game: Class_of_Heroes.

Still missing pages for Gaijinworks, CoH2/2G and Acquire. I'll create those when I have a chance. For now, feel free to add or change stuff, or to create the missing pages and link them.
    Last edited by Best1989; 12-20-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Ok, so I just went ahead and got started. This is a draft and not officially published yet. You guys can jump on and add/edit/enhance whatever you'd like. I just started as a guideline.

When we think it is ready I can put it up for good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:D...s_of_Heroes_2G
    Good work. I just have a question. Wouldn't be better if it were a page for CoH2 with a section dedicated to CoH2G? I've seen that style in many games wiki pages, and I think it's more organized for the series as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Good work. I just have a question. Wouldn't be better if it were a page for CoH2 with a section dedicated to CoH2G? I've seen that style in many games wiki pages, and I think it's more organized for the series as a whole.
    Eh, maybe. I'm willing to take all suggestions and input from other users. My reasoning behind just doing COH2G is because it is coming out soon, didn't have a lot of presence on the Wikipedia, and could be helpful to the visibility of the game

I think going with a Coh2 with the additions Coh2G would work since they are similar. I guess if you do one the other won't be too much work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12