Page 2 of 203 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube channels / podcasts worthy of our time

Ha. You will never see me me on youtube.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Doesn't he hang with you and all of the other riffraff on PCEFX? (I jest because my PCEFX account is probably a decade old now).

I like Game Sack. I think it's one of Youtube's best gaming shows.
    Lol, Joe is one of the mods over there so I don't really know him personally. Some Colorado folks were getting together to play some game and I just happened to meet him. He did a pretty good run on Daimakaimura while we were there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Jesse Cox - Does Let's Plays (usually blind) and other things, is incredibly light hearted and funny. Never Quits a Let's Play unless Technical reasons prevent him from doing it (Except FF13-3 Lightning Returns, he quit that cause he couldn't stand what they did to a Franchise he loved so much.)

HCBailley - Does Let's Plays (NEVER blind), is incredibly entertaining.

WhatTheFnu - Mostly Does reviews though does Let's Plays sometimes as well as a podcast.

Rebel Taxi - Does Reviews (of....everything, Games, Movies, TV Shows, etc.) as well as Top 10s

A Dead Diehard
    - Originally did Top Tens, but now does incredibly long, multi video reviews of games (He just finished his No More Heroes 2 review.), Kinda like Spoony but focusing more on analyzing the game the anything else though does try to throw a few jokes it. (He doesn't have very many viewers, dude could use some love.)

LucahJin - a Very Charming, silly Let's Player who does JRPGs among other games (Did Chrono Cross and Suikoden 2.)

ProJared - Does Reviews and Various gameplay videos (known for attempting multiple Nuzlocke Playthroughs), Also fan of Suikoden 2. (His LP Channel is different from his main one.)

Atma - A Very Happy Go Lucky Let's Player who does Let's Plays of mostly JRPG. (And a friend of mine.)

The Super Best Friends Zaibatsu - A Group of 4 who do various walkthroughs and one off videos, usually only 2 of them participate in a Walkthrough, but sometimes 3, usually only the one offs and podcasts having all 4 of them, they even have their own crazy lore (To the point a fan is making a fan game in RPG maker that is looking very good.)

I should note basically all of them swear to various degrees and you probably shouldn't have children near when watching.

Game Sack is the only YT show I watch and it's pretty awesome XP. I've seen a few Metal Jesus eps, they're ok though they seem to lack a bit of depth sometimes. I have listened to a number of All Gen Gamer's podcasts which MJ is a part of, they're pretty good.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Speaking of Game Sack, Sunsoft episode just went up this weekend. Gaijinworks is mentioned.

Sunsoft - Game Sack: http://youtu.be/aCrmx3UKfhU

I love some old school Sunsoft.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 03-01-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Game Sack is pretty much the only YouTube show I look forward to a new episode of. There are others I watch casually too but nothing is as good. Metal Jesus feels like he sometimes makes episodes without in-depth knowledge about the system or its games. Some of his hidden gems videos are cool but I think it was the Sega Saturn one where I got the impression he had barely even touched half of the games and how it was based on what other people have said.

Metal Jesus is a self declared "shmup fan". There was a pickup video of Metal Jesus a couple of months ago where he showed that he had just acquired a copy of Gradius on NES. Is there a more common shooter out there than Gradius on NES? I doubt it. Was just a bit weird to see how he had apparently never played that game.

I like Sega Channel's videos. His voice is pretty pleasing to listen to and the content and video editing are superb.

The only videos on Metal Jesus that I hate are the music and eating/food ones. Gamesack all around is pretty good, if not for informational purposes. I don't like the dry humor they have.

GaijinWorks should have a Youtube channel, whether it's just game trailers or update videos.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    GaijinWorks should have a Youtube channel, whether it's just game trailers or update videos.
    The Making of Lunar footage. That was fun to watch.
    Vic could show off some of his goodies so we can all drool.

KZ - A Really Goofy (And Foul Mouthed at times.) LPer who is incredibly fond of JRPGs, particular the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, tends to do games blind.

Phantom Savage
    - A Even Goofier guy who does LPs......that he often doesn't finish, Has begun doing VA work in indie games.

Grimith - A Lich Who is also an LPer, tends to do what his donators request, Is a riot to watch, is also goofy but not in the same way as the previous 2.

Page 2 of 203 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast