Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Request - Summon Night 5 for PSN release! [PSP]

Game Request - Summon Night 5 for PSN release! [PSP]

Personally, I think the Summon Night franchise has been overlooked in the western market for FAR too long. The only games released in English have been 2 spin-offs for GBA in 2006 (Swordcraft Story), and one DS game (Twin Age). The MAIN strategy-RPG series has a lot more depth, and unique elements such as summon creatures and dating-sim elements, and I think it would be a great title to take a chance on!

PLEASE consider this - if you published Class of Heroes 1 and 2 (which aren't massively popular, but are also unique RPGs), I'm sure this would be possible too!

MY IDEA: So, to make this game do well in the west, the "5" could be ditched from the name entirely, and it could very well be marketed as a new series here! The setting, plot and characters are totally new, so there won't be any problem in doing this. Maybe replace the number with a sub-title of some sort?

In terms of profits, to make the game more feasible, it could be put on PSN? This will ensure overheads for packaging/manual/distribution are all minimised, and it would probably make more money that way. If possible, you could also do a very limited physical print run for a larger price!

Also, the tag-line could really push the 'Summon creatures' and dating sim elements of the game, which makes it kind of a mixture between Pokemon/Persona series/Disgaea-style strategy gameplay. Along with the beautiful art style of the game, there's no reason why these factors can't make it appeal to an English-speaking market!

One last thing- I do realise the series license is currently owned by Namco Bandai in Japan... BUT they clearly don't intend on localising it themselves. Could you not make a deal with them to be their localisation partner in the US and EU?? You could do a partnership deal, much like NIS America and Atlus did recently for a few titles...

Game Trailer Here-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItXPeaPwYew
    Articles here-> http://www.siliconera.com/tag/summon-night-5/

Game Features:
    - S-RPG gameplay, much like Disgaea, but with a twist!
    = Creatures to summon- one linked with each character + extras
    - Brave Battle System- 'Brave' medals earned to unlock skills
    - Different classes and skills, developed throughout the game
    - Crafting (Much like alchemy system in 'Atelier' series)
    - Gorgeous 3D anime-style graphics, with live-2D (animated) portraits for dialogue
    - Compelling storyline involving a brand new world, mixing medieval and modern elements
    Last edited by vicireland; 05-21-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention- if there are any other factors making localisation harder... such as Voice Actors, etc... I'm sure the voices could be removed entirely!
    This won't be a popular idea, but I would rather the game came to Western shores at all, rather than another entry being forgotten :/

Have to admit, I've been interested in the Summon Night series recently... not that there's been an english game for a while, of course. This one looks pretty interesting. It's nice to see a somewhat more 'personal'-based strategy RPG like this. It'd be good to see it brought over.

lol this request looks like a business proposition put forth for a corporation or something like that. I'm fairly certain that if GW did go for the title they wouldn't strip the game down to the core essentials and especially not for a quick buck, they'd go all out as humanely possible as they can, otherwise it just wouldn't fit the company's quality profile. That being said I would also love to see Summon Night 5 localized I haven't looked into the story but I have read part of the media on the game since it was first announced. I'm a big fan of the GBA spinoffs(those games are just awesome IMO) the main series is different but I would definitely like to see more of what the series is like. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    lol this request looks like a business proposition put forth for a corporation or something like that. I'm fairly certain that if GW did go for the title they wouldn't strip the game down to the core essentials and especially not for a quick buck, they'd go all out as humanely possible as they can, otherwise it just wouldn't fit the company's quality profile. That being said I would also love to see Summon Night 5 localized I haven't looked into the story but I have read part of the media on the game since it was first announced. I'm a big fan of the GBA spinoffs(those games are just awesome IMO) the main series is different but I would definitely like to see more of what the series is like. :P
    Haha I know, but I thought there must be a reason why no one's really been taking a chance on this series... And I'd really like that to change!

The 2 GBA spin-offs were great back when they were realised (I played them both), but I feel like the main series has a bit more depth/strategy with the whole 'Summon creatures' added in, which we've been missing out on

I'm on board, I've always liked the art of the Summon Night series. With Namco Bandai amping up their US RPG market, this would be a great opportunity to get a US presence for the series with very little risk, if they use an outside localization team.

Also, I believe some of the previous games are available on PSP as well, recently released beforehand to lead to this release.

Yea 3-5 are available on PSP.

It would be nice to get all of them (assuming they're good, but I'd give them a try regardless since I'm eager to see what the series has to offer) PSP is an awesome system but the reason we haven't gotten these type of games is because most companies have abandoned the system for a looong time now (especially Namco Bandai lol). With so few localization companies out there most titles we get are games from their parent companies or partnerships. Also as of now only GW and Aksys seem to be actively localizing content for PSP (Natsume too but with their lack of community it's hard to understand what the hell they're up-to) the rest of the localization groups barely swing a title or two ever so often.

I don't know if there is another series out there that I want more than Summon Night. I love me some SRPG's! The only downside is that it is on handheld, not a big fan. That being said, I would buy it day 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    It would be nice to get all of them (assuming they're good, but I'd give them a try regardless since I'm eager to see what the series has to offer) PSP is an awesome system but the reason we haven't gotten these type of games is because most companies have abandoned the system for a looong time now (especially Namco Bandai lol). With so few localization companies out there most titles we get are games from their parent companies or partnerships. Also as of now only GW and Aksys seem to be actively localizing content for PSP (Natsume too but with their lack of community it's hard to understand what the hell they're up-to) the rest of the localization groups barely swing a title or two ever so often.
    Yeah I know the PSP market isn't exactly booming right now in Western countries, but that's why I suggested the game could be put on PSN... Black Rock Shooter from NISA comes to mind- not exactly a super-popular franchise, but they managed to swing a PSN- exclusive release.

And yeah, in an ideal world I would LOVE all of the prior PSP games to be released, but since 5 is the most recent/freshly released title, I thought I'd have the most luck suggesting this one

If this does well for whichever company picks it up, then who knows- maybe more SN games could be picked up? :P

this would be a great opportunity to get a US presence for the series with very little risk, if they use an outside localization team.
    Very good point. *fingers crossed*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast