Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game Request - Summon Night 5 for PSN release! [PSP]

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Who would've thought that an article, yesterday, on Siliconera would be about Summon Night V?

I was hoping for a question to be asked about a possible overseas release of the game but I guess that Siliconera could wrangle him in, also, and ask that question.
    That's a good point actually. I'd guess that the company themselves have to express an interest in bringing the game overseas, before any localisation even has a chance of taking place. Then it's up to them to choose how to deal with localisation, etc...

Have to be honest, just trying to bump this thread a little. It would be great to get some kind of concrete answer as to whether this game/series is feasible or not? I also submitted a thread on the NISA forums, but it's had about the same effect there. *sobs*

Usually Vic would say if a game is impossible (unless a whole bunch are mentioned at the same time), I've submitted game requests before and he's turned down the impossible/unreasonable ones. I guess it's safe to assume that if he doesn't say anything the game falls under realm of possibility but of course given the large volume of games to be considered it's never really a certainty just how much of a priority a game is (cost effectiveness/importance compared to other titles/difficulty of getting license) so we never know if a game will truly come out, in a way it's fun because it's kinda a jack in the box in terms of what localizations we get. All we can do is wait and discuss, I suppose showing interest in a title helps prioritize it's localization in some ways.

I think Summon Night is possible, and the license shouldn't be too expensive. It wouldn't be the first franchise Gaijinworks picks up after Atlus dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by _Zoozbuh_ View Post
    That's a good point actually. I'd guess that the company themselves have to express an interest in bringing the game overseas, before any localisation even has a chance of taking place. Then it's up to them to choose how to deal with localisation, etc...

Have to be honest, just trying to bump this thread a little. It would be great to get some kind of concrete answer as to whether this game/series is feasible or not? I also submitted a thread on the NISA forums, but it's had about the same effect there. *sobs*
    Edit: Stupid me, it just came out in Japan. Well, it is still early.
    Last edited by Celebappren; 05-24-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    I think Summon Night is possible, and the license shouldn't be too expensive. It wouldn't be the first franchise Gaijinworks picks up after Atlus dumped.
    Well it's good to know there is at least some hope :P

And yeah I know it's early, but like I said before- with the PSP not being very active anymore, it's best to make companies aware of these titles as soon as possible (not that it always works, of course). And PSN is a great avenue, but even that might be considered a risk for some companies.

(I'm aware I'm repeating myself a bit)
    Last edited by _Zoozbuh_; 05-26-2013 at 01:21 AM.

I'd love if they could bring Summon Night 3 & 4 first though, since they were ported to the PSP.

I'd be all over this! We need more Summon Night love

It wouldn't be the first franchise Gaijinworks picks up after Atlus dumped.
    Actually, I'd be stoked if Gaijin made a business out of consistently releasing those games (Class of Heroes and Summon Night) like NISA did with Gust
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

I wish we could get all five games, but since the first two are only available as PSOne Classics, I'd accept the third, fourth and fifth games.
    r these for sale on PSN ? i never seen them

Quote Originally Posted by hithereitsme View Post
    No main game in the series has ever been localized sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by hithereitsme View Post
    Only in Japan! They even reduced the price of lots of old Summon Night games to make the series more accessible over there.

Meanwhile in English-speaking regions, we get some of the spin-offs (if we're lucky) :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234