Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Request - Summon Night 5 for PSN release! [PSP]

Also just another thing- not getting the DS remakes (of 1 and 2), and the DS spin-off... THAT was understandable, since by that time the DS was already pretty much dead.

But with the PSP (and PSN existing), and this game having just been released, it doesn't seem impossible for a localisation to happen tbh. If publishers snap it up quick of course

Quote Originally Posted by _Zoozbuh_ View Post
    Also just another thing- not getting the DS remakes (of 1 and 2), and the DS spin-off... THAT was understandable, since by that time the DS was already pretty much dead.

But with the PSP (and PSN existing), and this game having just been released, it doesn't seem impossible for a localisation to happen tbh. If publishers snap it up quick of course
    I have to correct you but we did get the DS spinoff. You mean Summon Night: Twin Age? That was published in the NA region by Atlus, http://www.amazon.com/Summon-Night-T...dp/B0016CP3B2/. However why we only got the spinoffs and not even a release of one of the original titles is indeed befuddling especially because strategy role playing games are not that uncommon to play here in the west.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    I have to correct you but we did get the DS spinoff. You mean Summon Night: Twin Age? That was published in the NA region by Atlus, http://www.amazon.com/Summon-Night-T...dp/B0016CP3B2/. However why we only got the spinoffs and not even a release of one of the original titles is indeed befuddling especially because strategy role playing games are not that uncommon to play here in the west.
    Ahh, no I meant this one actually: Summon Night X: Tears Crown

Summon Night X. It was a turn-based RPG spin-off set in a completely different universe... (Not SRPG, more old-school Final Fantasy-ish). 'Twin Age' was closer to the beginning of the DS's lifespan I think.

But yes, completely agree with you! I'm baffled as to why no one's given the series a proper chance.
    Last edited by _Zoozbuh_; 05-19-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Ahh, no I meant this one actually: Summon Night X: Tears Crown

Summon Night X. It was a turn-based RPG spin-off set in a completely different universe... (Not SRPG, more old-school Final Fantasy-ish). 'Twin Age' was closer to the beginning of the DS's lifespan I think.

But yes, completely agree with you! I'm baffled as to why no one's given the series a proper chance.
    Oh yes, I do remember reading about that. That would've been excellent to have seen a localization of.

Summon Night EX Thesis is the one I always wanted to try, used to listen to the music for it all the time on youtube and such.

Yeah I know the PSP market isn't exactly booming right now in Western countries, but that's why I suggested the game could be put on PSN... Black Rock Shooter from NISA comes to mind- not exactly a super-popular franchise, but they managed to swing a PSN- exclusive release.*
    The state of the PSP is exactly the reason why games like this are a good sale nowadays. People like us haven't put away our PSP yet, because it is just a stellar RPG machine even with what is already available. If a new, relatively value priced game pops up every month or so- it will generate a decent amount of sales on the PSN. Those that have moved on to Vita can still play it too! It's a win-win, and I think any company that capitalizes on it will see that. I just hope Sony doesn't ruin the party any time soon and stop publishers from doing PSP games.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    The state of the PSP is exactly the reason why games like this are a good sale nowadays. People like us haven't put away our PSP yet, because it is just a stellar RPG machine even with what is already available. If a new, relatively value priced game pops up every month or so- it will generate a decent amount of sales on the PSN. Those that have moved on to Vita can still play it too! It's a win-win, and I think any company that capitalizes on it will see that. I just hope Sony doesn't ruin the party any time soon and stop publishers from doing PSP games.
    I just bought mine... And it is awesome. Outstanding game library. I think that Sony tried to pull the plug far too early.

I wish we could get all five games, but since the first two are only available as PSOne Classics, I'd accept the third, fourth and fifth games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Summon Night EX Thesis is the one I always wanted to try, used to listen to the music for it all the time on youtube and such.
    I really like the look of the game and it is an Action-RPG so I am very interested in that one but it is also a PS2 game. I think that I may be most interested in Tears Crown, EX Thesis and the third GBA game. It seems like the Hardcore Gaming 101 article on the Summon Night series, though, has a few moments of caution when it comes to Summon Night, including EX Thesis. I don't know if that is why only three games of the series have been localized, http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/sum...mmonnight5.htm.

Oh Zoozbuh, you really want to do a doubletake? Look up Crimson Nocturnal. And I would've loved to have played Tears Crown.
    Last edited by Celebappren; 05-20-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I just bought mine... And it is awesome. Outstanding game library. I think that Sony tried to pull the plug far too early.
    Well the plug hasn't been pulled otherwise no CH2 or PSP localization, Sony still promotes PSP software really well even in the wake of new games and such. The only reason they themselves don't make software for it anymore is because they have the Vita, PS3 and now PS4 to contend with, the PSP is an 8 year old console after all. :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast