Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Game Request - Summon Night 5 for PSN release! [PSP]

  1. #21
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Oh Zoozbuh, you really want to do a doubletake? Look up Crimson Nocturnal. And I would've loved to have played Tears Crown.
    Huh? :S I know Crimson Nocturnal was a group fan-translating Summon Night X... But I'm pretty sure they disbanded. A huge shame, for sure.

    And yes that hardcore gaming article does criticize the series a little- but again, EX Thesis is an action RPG spin-off, not one of the main games. And I still think we at least deserve to try the main series ourselves, because a LOT of much worse games get published here... And I don't think there are many games like this available in English (character-interaction and art style-wise)
    Last edited by _Zoozbuh_; 05-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    I'd like to change the thread title to have 'Game request...' at the beginning, if that's possible? Since it might not be clear right now...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by _Zoozbuh_ View Post
    Huh? :S I know Crimson Nocturnal was a group fan-translating Summon Night X... But I'm pretty sure they disbanded. A huge shame, for sure.

    And yes that hardcore gaming article does criticize the series a little- but again, EX Thesis is an action RPG spin-off, not one of the main games. And I still think we at least deserve to try the main series ourselves, because a LOT of much worse games get published here... And I don't think there are many games like this available in English (character-interaction and art style-wise)
    Yeah, they disbanded two years ago supposedly because their fans got too impatient waiting for updates and kept on hounding them for what they wanted. I don't know how far they got with what they did, but it would've been better if they gave whatever remained of the project over to another translation team. I was just asking that because we were talking about Tears Crown and I was curious if you had heard of Crimson Nocturnal before. They seemed like they were hitting the right marks as a DS translation team for sure.

    I agree about that. Even the article does say that the series isn't really that bad, and its criticisms shouldn't exactly restrict the game series from seeing more overseas releases. Actually the article made me more interested in the series, as a whole.

    Why do you think that the third game of the GBA series didn't get localized but the first two games did?
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

  4. #24
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    Yeah, they disbanded two years ago supposedly because their fans got too impatient waiting for updates and kept on hounding them for what they wanted. I don't know how far they got with what they did, but it would've been better if they gave whatever remained of the project over to another translation team. I was just asking that because we were talking about Tears Crown and I was curious if you had heard of Crimson Nocturnal before. They seemed like they were hitting the right marks as a DS translation team for sure.

    I agree about that. Even the article does say that the series isn't really that bad, and its criticisms shouldn't exactly restrict the game series from seeing more overseas releases. Actually the article made me more interested in the series, as a whole.

    Why do you think that the third game of the GBA series didn't get localized but the first two games did?
    Not quite sure.. Maybe because it was nearing the end of the GBA's lifespan and Namdai had bigger franchises they wanted to focus on? But... Atlus were the ones who localised those anyway. So maybe the sales didn't match up with what they wanted. Doesn't make sense to me that they would release the first 2, but then abandon the series like that...

    I do know everyone I know who played those games was a huge fan of them :/

    Yeah, Crimson Nocturnal seemed really professional. No clue what made them quit out of the blue. But with fan-translations, there's never any guarantee unfortunately...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by _Zoozbuh_ View Post
    Not quite sure.. Maybe because it was nearing the end of the GBA's lifespan and Namdai had bigger franchises they wanted to focus on? But... Atlus were the ones who localised those anyway. So maybe the sales didn't match up with what they wanted. Doesn't make sense to me that they would release the first 2, but then abandon the series like that...

    I do know everyone I know who played those games was a huge fan of them :/

    Yeah, Crimson Nocturnal seemed really professional. No clue what made them quit out of the blue. But with fan-translations, there's never any guarantee unfortunately...
    The weirder thing is that they skipped the third one and localized that one DS game out of the blue.

    They look very superb. You can't have five games in the main series without a fanbase. Why we were only introduced to a few of the spinoffs makes me wonder if they think that we are more into Action-role playing games than strategy ones but they left EX Thesis alone.


    CN had a message on their web site which explained why they decided to shut their doors, here is part of what they said:

    "Crimson Nocturnal was created to be something enjoyable and, in a way, educational for those of us that worked on the projects. Gamers getting great games that they would have never played otherwise was just an added bonus.

    In the game translation community, you have three different groups of people. There are the people that get involved and do their part and are a real asset to the projects. You have the people that don't or can't be involved directly with the projects, but they sit on the sidelines and are supportive and understanding and patient. Then you have those that think that these projects are something they're entitled to, that they should get it when they want it and how they want it.

    The third and last group are the real cancer of the community. You do your best to ignore them and pretend they do not exist, but in the end they're still there whining and bitching and complaining about every little thing that doesn't go their way.

    These projects take a lot of time, focus, and dedication. It siphens away pretty much all of your free time and even occasionally eats into the rest of your time. The only thing that keeps you going on these projects is the enjoyment and the learning process of the projects.

    Having to continually read comments about how you haven't updated enough, or released anything in X amount of time. Having to deal with people whine and complain about something that costs them nothing at all wears on you."
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

  6. #26
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    The weirder thing is that they skipped the third one and localized that one DS game out of the blue.

    They look very superb. You can't have five games in the main series without a fanbase. Why we were only introduced to a few of the spinoffs makes me wonder if they think that we are more into Action-role playing games than strategy ones but they left EX Thesis alone.


    CN had a message on their web site which explained why they decided to shut their doors, here is part of what they said:
    ...
    Ugh, so trolls then basically. That sucks...

    I feel like maybe I should enquire about this with Atlus, but they seem to have totally lost interest in this series.

    And Atlus weren't even the original license holders anyway, they just localised those 3 games. So I'm sure the license could be bought...

    Not going to lie, don't completely know how these things work - Is the Japanese licensing (Namdai) totally separate?

  7. #27
    It is a shame how poorly people who try to enhance our interests get spit on sometimes. Fan translators, regular translators, even the original game makers. It makes me sick.

    It reminds me of the George Lucas quote when he got out of the Star Wars game:
    "Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

    I try not to read the internet any more.

  8. #28
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/20...-in-six-years/

    Just a cool article for anyone who may be interested in the series. Really wish something would happen with this newest game so that we could play this series.

  9. #29
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/20...-in-six-years/

    Just a cool article for anyone who may be interested in the series. Really wish something would happen with this newest game so that we could play this series.
    Wow that's awesome, thanks. Just makes me want to play the game more though >__>

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/20...-in-six-years/

    Just a cool article for anyone who may be interested in the series. Really wish something would happen with this newest game so that we could play this series.
    Who would've thought that an article, yesterday, on Siliconera would be about Summon Night V?

    I was hoping for a question to be asked about a possible overseas release of the game but I guess that Siliconera could wrangle him in, also, and ask that question.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •