Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Xseed localizations: Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

New Xseed localizations: Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

Not sure I'm fond of Xseed's new focus but at least they do keep other types of games coming too. Massive (region locked) Collector's Editions for Senran Kagura 2 in Europe and a Double D(isc) retail print for America with a soundtrack. "Llimited run" (region free) retail release for Onechanbara Z2 in America with artbook and soundtrack. My interpretation of what's between the lines is that there is no retail copy for Onechanbara in Europe.

Senran Kagura 2 is for the 3DS and Onechanbara Z2 is for the PS4.

Summer release dates for both games it seems.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/senran-ka...ng-west-summer

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/onechanba...ng-west-summer

Now tell us about that "Trails of Cold Steel" trademark, Xseed.

Statement from Marvelous Europe:

Recent European console releases from Marvelous, including Rune Factory 4, have been digital only, while American gamers have been able to secure physical and limited edition versions.

“We know from listening to our fans on Facebook, Twitter and on our forums, that, while many like downloadable games, a lot of them prefer physical product.” noted Jonathan Nevill, Marvelous Europe’s Product Manager.

Digital delivery has allowed Marvelous Europe to bring some interesting and unique titles to the west; games that might not otherwise see a retail release. Franchises like SENRAN KAGURA sell to a really dedicated hardcore audience, typically big fans of Japanese culture, many of whom value the collectability and tactility of physical games and limited editions.

“Some of the more esoteric titles from Japan don’t necessarily sell in the numbers needed to make a big splash at retail,” commented Steven Tarry, Marketing Manager, “But actually, the fans of these games are exactly those who’d love not just a physical release, but a collectable limited edition too. We love digital because we love the direct relationship it gives us with our customers, and we want to deepen that direct relationship with physical products too.”
    And pictures of the European physical editions:

- Happy Boobs Edition:
    http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/wp-cont...bs-Edition.jpg

- Ultimate Shinobi Collector's Edition:
    http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/wp-cont...s-Edition-.jpg
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 03-10-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Europe has been shafted hard this gen in terms of handheld retail releases. I would probably have bought a second 3DS if I lived there for American games.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    Europe has been shafted hard this gen in terms of handheld retail releases. I would probably have bought a second 3DS if I lived there for American games.
    Yeah, I've been considering getting one (an American 3DS). And I probably will when they are a bit cheaper (in a couple of years or so).

Already got physical copies of SMTIV and Code of Princess.

Haha, a friend told me about this earlier this morning. DD edition is pretty funny, but so is "Happy Boobs".

You stay classy Marvelous.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Very classy. I hope the US gets those damn. I want that Shinobi edition.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Very classy. I hope the US gets those damn. I want that Shinobi edition.
    Xseed has been stingy with Limited Editions lately. Not even Happy Boobs for you.
    Last edited by INKU4884; 03-10-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Well I mean, I'll import, but that sucks.

Did I just read Happy Boobs? Well in any case, guess NA can't handle the happiness and get's Saggy Boobs instead XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Did I just read Happy Boobs? Well in any case, guess NA can't handle the happiness and get's Saggy Boobs instead XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast