Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make an argument for these NIS Games!

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Nothing? Everyone that has posted so far has recommended it. It's just not as good as Arc Rise or most PS2 JRPGS. :P
    My posts are automatically redacted :3.

Straight up, all those games you mention in the op are pure trash. 100 knights in particular is a rather nasty piece of work that, from what i can gather from witness reports, can do serious damage to your ps3, and NIS has not, nor do they show signs of ever bothering to fix it.

No really Missile!, tell us how you really feel.

And yes Witch is bugged and it will not be patched.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Any game with the NISA logo on it is almost guaranteed to be low effort junk, with a small few exceptions. "feelings" doesn't apply here, since it's been proven with games like monster monpiece, criminal girls, and 100 knights that they don't care about how the end product turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    Any game with the NISA logo on it is almost guaranteed to be low effort junk, with a small few exceptions. "feelings" doesn't apply here, since it's been proven with games like monster monpiece, criminal girls, and 100 knights that they don't care about how the end product turns out.
    Mon Mon is an IFi game not a NISA game, and by not caring about Mon Mon and CG are you referring to the censorship or is there something else that affects the games?

What's the bug? Sounds rough.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ou+really+feel

I mean, you used the term witness reports to refer to a video game. Was I supposed to take that seriously? Really though, of course opinion applies. The opinion of the people playing games is how a critical opinion is formed.

@Aristides: The game crashes out to the xmb a lot randomly. I didn't care for the game, but even if I wanted to play it that is an issue that would suck a lot of the fun out of it.

Edit: I provided the link in case you didn't know the verbage of my original comment. I was just giving you a slightly hard time.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 03-28-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I liked Time and Eternity.

I don't expect them to be high budget masterpieces. I don't need them to be high budget masterpieces. I realize a small niche developer isn't going to be able to handle that. With that said, when playing through Fairy Fencer F, I could see quite a few corners cut that I didn't care for. I do have an "old school" itch I love to scratch and that is why I put a lot of these games on my Wish List originally. However, I am souring on them a bit and nobody here has really given me a reason to rethink that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I liked Time and Eternity.
    I'm with you on that. I didn't think it was great or anything, but a lot of the 1/10 reviews it was given were unjustified. It was flawed but salvageable in many parts.

I liked Trinity and Chaos, well at least after you got around the gag dub on the latter.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    (Insert Z's comment about Japanese gaming in general these days)

Wait, I'm referring to myself in third person.

But, really. I think that NISA is making some decent attempts lately. I've made fun of them in the past as well. You're right though that most of the stuff that they release is near the bottom of the barrel, but I think that's largely also due to the fact that they don't have a huge selection of quality Japanese games to select from. Most of the stuff is simply just garbage. But there also is the factor that they are catering to a fan base that seems to actually want the type of games that they release.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast